Board for departure out of San Juan

cb2367

9 hours ago, cb2367 said:

Is there a board for departures out of San Juan? Looking for some information on places to stay near cruise port 

This board serves as the departure board for San Juan in addition to its titled roll as a Port of Call board. 

For people to give you hotel suggestions it would be helpful for you to provide information on when you'll need your hotel, how many nights you'll be staying, your budget,  what facilities you might want such as being on a beach, being in Old San Juan, etc. You can also scan this board as there are many posts mentioning hotels.

My cruise is actually next March (23-30). I decided to take a quick look at the hotel situation in San Juan (at least as far as Hilton properties) and all but hotels were sold out, so I was wondering if there was something going on in San Juan around that time. 

I like to arrive a day before the cruise to avoid any travel delays and to have time to check out the area. Hotel stay would be just one night and preferably under $200 with a shuttle to the port. 

I suppose that sold out could just mean the inventory hasn't been released yet. I thought maybe something else was going on at that time which was why no rooms were available.

14 hours ago, cb2367 said:

I suppose that sold out could just mean the inventory hasn't been released yet. I thought maybe something else was going on at that time which was why no rooms were available.

That's what it most likely means-- the chances of all those hotels simultaneously sold out that far in advance is low. There is availability-- both the Caribe Hilton and Condado Plaza are bookable now which means that it could be a hotel to hotel policy about how long out to release availability. The Caribe Hilton is arguably their best property (and the supposed birthplace of the Pina Colada).