Churrascaria Brazilian Grill

mahasamatman

It looks like they've replaced Sterling Steakhouse with Churrascaria Brazilian Grill on the Diamond Princess. Has anyone tried it, and does anyone happen to have a menu? My wife is a pescatarian and I'd like to know if they have anything for her.

We tried this on the Diamond Jan 5th cruise. It was a joke to put it mildly! We knew we were in trouble when the server said to go to the buffett to get your 3 side dishes. They would come around with various meats with some explanation of what they were but quality was lacking. No where near the quality of meats they had been serving in Crown/Sterling. It was said that they adirned the buffett drinks station with a Brazilian flag and called it good. Would have been better to serve the sides family style at the very least. When we told Maitre D that we couldnt wrap our heads around the concept. He just shrugged his shoulders. On our way out same Maitre D was being ripped a new one verbally from other unhappy customers. This concept will hopefully be "deep sixed Hope this anwsers your question

Dave T

• Thanks 1

Sounds like a typical Churrascaria.  Salad bar (and I guess with sides) which is fairly typical.  Waiters roving with spitted meats, generally some chicken, Brazilian sausage(s) such as Linguica and lots of beef, almost always Picanha and cuts from sirloin to filet.  And generally some lamb.

That's the way most Churrascarias do it, and the way it's been done in Moderno on NCL for probably 15 years.  Which we have enjoyed, as well as quite a few land based Churrascaria. But doesn't sound like Princess is winning fans with their take on the concept.

But generally little (or often, no) fish.

5 hours ago, ECCruise said:

Sounds like a typical Churrascaria.  Salad bar (and I guess with sides) which is fairly typical.  Waiters roving with spitted meats, generally some chicken, Brazilian sausage(s) such as Linguica and lots of beef, almost always Picanha and cuts from sirloin to filet.  And generally some lamb.

That is exactly what we have experienced in Brazil and in the States. 

Thanks. I wasn't sure if they were going for the "authentic" experience or if they expanded on it. Sounds like we won't be trying it.

I judge a churrascaria by two things - picanha and pão de queijo. Everything else is just window dressing.

• Like 2

We actually tried its first night on the Diamond in August. It was a disaster, we didn’t enjoy it at all, very disorganised. Our side dishes arrived after we’d finished eating!

It was all the more disappointing as we’d been in the steak house format the previous week.  We wouldn’t do it again. The whole ambiance didn’t work, they block off part of the Horizon Court, no atmosphere at all. Princess, please revert back to a steak house and find a better location. 

46 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

I wonder if the Japanese cruisers like it, since that's who they're targeting with the Diamond.

I would like to see a menu as it doesn't sound like something targeted towards Japanese. 

4 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

Japanese people love "exotic" foods.

Not sure if you have been to a Brazilian steakhouse but they are quite popular in the US. And the food really is not exotic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coral said:

Not sure if you have been to a Brazilian steakhouse but they are quite popular in the US. And the food really is not exotic.

If you'd read the other posts in this thread, it would be apparent that I have been to many (and not just in the U.S.). But to the Japanese public Brazilian is exotic. And so is Mexican.

Edited by mahasamatman