Some questions about Britannia

1 hour ago, ighten said:

Can I just ask a Britannia related question... I

IS every Superior Balcony a room with a bath tub?

No, we have stayed in 3 different ones and all been shower only. 

Andy 

On 3/27/2024 at 10:15 PM, emam said:

You can take your own tea and coffee if you prefer but there is plenty supplied (I'm a hugh tea drinker). I ask for extra from the cabin steward but if on the odd occasion I still want more, I just get them from the buffet.

However I don't think you will be allowed to take milk onboard. 

But you can take milk from the buffet, use a coffe mug or a plastic water glass, then keep it in your fridge. Also less fiddly than the plastic tubes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, alpha whiskey said:

One tip from me for Britannia....if you have long/thick hair bring your own hairdryer. 

The one provided (at least in our cabin) was extremely sloooow. 

Agree. We're on-board right now and it's rubbish. I have short hair and there's no nozzle. Definitely bring your own

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Neecy1 said:

Agree. We're on-board right now and it's rubbish. I have short hair and there's no nozzle. Definitely bring your own

Ps dont want to hijack this post but we were supposed to dock in Ponta Delgarda today but couldn't due to high winds. Heading back to Soton now 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Neecy1 said:

Ps dont want to hijack this post but we were supposed to dock in Ponta Delgarda today but couldn't due to high winds.

That is not uncommon

Is this it’s last cruise before it’s refurb?

Anyone know where it is heading for this, and exactly what they are going to do?

I’m interested as I’m on the Baltic cruise next month.

6 minutes ago, GSPG said:

Anyone know where it is heading for this, and exactly what they are going to do?

It is the last one I believe, refit from the 5th. 

Not sure where she is going for the refit. Just a service and some new carpets/furniture I believe, although there has been talk of moving/removing some of the smoking areas. 

Back in service for a 5 day cruise on 21st, we board for the Fjords on the 26th, so will be watching with interest. 

Andy 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/31/2024 at 11:59 AM, AndyMichelle said:

No, we have stayed in 3 different ones and all been shower only. 

Andy 

Is there a way of working out from the ship plans then which superior deluxe balconys dont have a bath tub then

9 minutes ago, ighten said:

Is there a way of working out from the ship plans then which superior deluxe balconys dont have a bath tub then

I was unaware any did have baths, but I'm sure others can advise better. 

Andy 

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, ighten said:

As far as I know all superior deluxe cabins on Britannia have baths with shower over.  We gave had them on deck A, B and C and never had anything other than a bath.

The baths are quite low sided but due to mobility problems we have this year not booked one instead choosing a balcony with sofa to ensure the shower.

Edited by Megabear2

On 4/1/2024 at 12:51 PM, GSPG said:

We've just docked at Mayflower. Moving to Ocean terminal at 9pm. Disembark tomorrow. Shes heading for Rotterdam for refurb. Not sure what's being done tho.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Neecy1 said:

We've just docked at Mayflower. Moving to Ocean terminal at 9pm. Disembark tomorrow. Shes heading for Rotterdam for refurb. Not sure what's being done tho.

Thanks.

Hope you had a good holiday.
Must feel ‘a bit weird’ berthing up at Southampton today, only to be allowed off tomorrow when it moves to it’s usual berth?

Looking at your sail history, appears you last docked on the 26th March what with not being able to dock at Ponta Delgado. How has everyone got on being at sea for 8-9 days?

2 hours ago, GSPG said:

Thanks.

Must feel ‘a bit weird’ berthing up at Southampton today, only to be allowed off tomorrow when it moves to it’s usual berth?

Looking at your sail history, appears you last docked on the 26th March what with not being able to dock at Ponta Delgado. How has everyone got on being at sea for 8-9 days?

It's a bit disappointing not being allowed off but what can you do. Weve got an early coach tomorrow morning so couldn't go home anyway but I can imagine if Andy was in this situation he would've liked to have disemarked and gone home?

There's been a few moaners. We're fine. DH was in the merchant navy so loves sea days as do I. More relaxing. But each to their own. One lady complained to DH there were too many sea days but its a TA and we've only missed one port. We've had a great time. Apart from first nite. No air con in cabin. Had to spend the nite in an inside cabin and DH is claustrophobic. Wasn't great but after a long flight we were exhausted. No apologies from p&o tho. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Neecy1 said:

It's a bit disappointing not being allowed off but what can you do. Weve got an early coach tomorrow morning so couldn't go home anyway but I can imagine if Andy was in this situation he would've liked to have disemarked and gone home?

There's been a few moaners. We're fine. DH was in the merchant navy so loves sea days as do I. More relaxing. But each to their own. One lady complained to DH there were too many sea days but its a TA and we've only missed one port. We've had a great time. Apart from first nite. No air con in cabin. Had to spend the nite in an inside cabin and DH is claustrophobic. Wasn't great but after a long flight we were exhausted. No apologies from p&o tho. 

Glad you had a good time after a disappointing start. 

I wouldn't be getting off while the bar was still open...😊 

Welcome back. 

Andy 

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, GSPG said:

Thanks.

We love the sea days hence why we mostly do TA’s, so the 8-9 days would be great for us.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I thought all room service now had a delivery charge?

They do. £2.50 charge on account for each delivery regardless of how many items. This was on Iona. 

33 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I thought all room service now had a delivery charge?

They've never charged for milk in the same way as they don't charge for ice. You can ask for a carton or a jug to keep in the 'fridge. I've always rung room service as soon as we've got to our cabin. Milk may be a service provided by your steward, but room service is quicker, especially if you're gasping for a cuppa! We always ask for semi-skimmed but I think they have full and skimmed as well.

1 hour ago, smj777 said:

They've never charged for milk in the same way as they don't charge for ice. You can ask for a carton or a jug to keep in the 'fridge. I've always rung room service as soon as we've got to our cabin. Milk may be a service provided by your steward, but room service is quicker, especially if you're gasping for a cuppa! We always ask for semi-skimmed but I think they have full and skimmed as well.