Princess tender to Dun Laoghaire for Dublin?

On our last UK cruise with Princess, we docked in Dublin. This time the ship will tender to Dun Laoghaire for Dublin. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced Dublin from this tender port. Did Princess offer a shuttle to Dublin? Or were there cabs readily available? I was making plans (tickets for Book of Kells, etc.) based on our previous experience and just realized this is a tender port now. I'm guessing I will need to add time to our day for transportation, but not sure what to expect.  

Yes we tendered there last year.  The train into Dublin is maybe a block walk from the dock and it was about 8 miles to the Pearse Street station where we got off.  The train ticket was included when we bought a HOHO ticket at the dock (Do Dublin was the vendor - it was the green bus) but you can certainly buy train tickets on your own too.  Very easy to do and there were a lot of people from the ship taking the train into Dublin.  The train is called DART and I found this picture of the port area with X marking the DART station in my notes:

image.png.275908884fa4105e9b58203efc1e2b23.png

• Like 3

When calculating your transit time also keep in mind that the tender ride at Dun Laoghaire is quite long compared to your average tender ride. It’s a good 25 to 30 minutes from ship

to shore. 

• Like 1