Private islands

TominNC

Have Carnivals ships been able to make stops at their islands recently that require tenders?  I've heard that a number of cruises have not been able to make the stop due to rough seas.

If they don't stop what do they typically do?

It is actually relatively unusual to miss a stop for rough seas in the Caribbean. Conditions change on a daily basis. It's not like it's some sort of trend. 

Edited by staceyglow

The only private island that Carnival has that requires tenders is Half Moon Cay that I can think of off the top of my head. If they miss that stop generally you get a bonus sea day.

6 minutes ago, mz-s said:

The only private island that Carnival has that requires tenders is Half Moon Cay that I can think of off the top of my head. If they miss that stop generally you get a bonus sea day.

Princess Cays is also utilized by Carnival with tender required 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, joe/jack said:

Princess Cays is also utilized by Carnival with tender required 

of course, how could i forget. thanks. same story there - bonus sea day if missed. neither of these stops are in the caribbean - they're in the Atlantic and so missing them is certainly a possibility. I have missed HMC once.

28 minutes ago, Davechipp74 said:

Did I read somewhere on this board that drink package does not count on private island? I can swear I did. 

Yes. The drink package does not work with Carnival (works with Holland American)

1 hour ago, Theosprey247 said:

Yes. The drink package does not work with Carnival (works with Holland American)

Drink package does not work at HMC when crusing on Holland America  - not for water, soda, alcohol  - nada 

We just got off Sunshine yesterday and we missed HMC. They did nothing more for us it just became another sea day! they did add a couple of trivia and a rock paper scissors tournament. all excursions were refunded, and so were the port costs!

12 minutes ago, Capt_Sailormike said:

We just got off Sunshine yesterday and we missed HMC. They did nothing more for us it just became another sea day! they did add a couple of trivia and a rock paper scissors tournament. all excursions were refunded, and so were the port costs!

It is not Carnival's fault (or any other cruise line) when the weather prohibits docking or tendering.  I appreciate the captain erring on the side of safety.  There are plenty of things to do on the ship.  It's another sea day.  I understand disappointment, but like the bumper sticker says - stuff happens.