Bar Crawl

On most cruises I’ve been on, someone has organized a bar crawl. They can be a lot of fun. It’s a good way to meet people on the cruise and worst case, it’s not your thing and you can stop the crawling anytime. 

9 hours ago, Hoosierpop said:

On most cruises I’ve been on, someone has organized a bar crawl. They can be a lot of fun. It’s a good way to meet people on the cruise and worst case, it’s not your thing and you can stop the crawling anytime. 

That is how I get back to my room some  nights...  Those Alchemy drinks can sneak up

• Haha 3

OP - I hope that you're organizing one for a group of cruisers on your upcoming trip - y'all will have a great time!

I suggest starting at a bar that is not too crazy-loud so that people can at least introduce themselves. I like to pick a signature drink at each bar to recommend to the group. You can also just do a shot at 1 (or more) of your bar stops.

Personally, I like to start towards the bottom of the ship and work my way up. I recommend having a plan for 5-7 stops but don't be bummed if you only make it to 3 or 4 😉 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, alrichards4003 said:

I am trying to organize one on the Mardi Gras on June 8th. Does anyone know if I need to contact Carnival first?

Not until you are onboard-Food and Beverage Manager.  They "work" the cruise they are on.

On 2/4/2024 at 8:58 PM, Elaine5715 said:

That is how I get back to my room some  nights...  Those Alchemy drinks can sneak up

You aren't kidding.  I'm usually fine when seated but when I stand up to leave is when the trouble begins!🤣

• Like 1

6 hours ago, alrichards4003 said:

I am trying to organize one on the Mardi Gras on June 8th. Does anyone know if I need to contact Carnival first?

4 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Not until you are onboard-Food and Beverage Manager.  They "work" the cruise they are on.

My next cruise is not until November, but I would be likely be interested in organizing a bar crawl if I knew more about the details on how to pull something like this off successfully.  Thoughts from folks who have done this would be appreciated.

3 hours ago, NCsonny said:

My next cruise is not until November, but I would be likely be interested in organizing a bar crawl if I knew more about the details on how to pull something like this off successfully.  Thoughts from folks who have done this would be appreciated.

Folks usually use another social media site to contact others on the same sailing.