Dining time changed without permission

On 2/4/2024 at 10:46 AM, Riemercruisin said:

Actually on the Mardi Gras it works out better to have AnyTime Dining because this way you can eat early and for free in ChiBang, Cucina del Capitano and Pig and Anchor. 

If you have a set Dining time, you can only book these after 7.45 pm.

This is the best answer for the Excel class ships. why limit yourself to main dining room before 7:45pm. We have 7 sailings on the excel ships and have never had dinner in main dining room. So many other options.

15 hours ago, CantWait08 said:

This is the best answer for the Excel class ships. why limit yourself to main dining room before 7:45pm. We have 7 sailings on the excel ships and have never had dinner in main dining room. So many other options.

We're coming up on our 7th on an Excel class next month and I'm begin to wonder why they even bother with assigned dining on that class??  With so many options, I have a feeling they get a lot of complaints once people get on board with assigned dining times and realize they don't have as much flexibility to eat in the specialty restaurants that are included.  I guess I'm thankful it makes it easier for those of us who are prepared though! 🙂

12 minutes ago, cmichael1221 said:

We're coming up on our 7th on an Excel class next month and I'm begin to wonder why they even bother with assigned dining on that class??  With so many options, I have a feeling they get a lot of complaints once people get on board with assigned dining times and realize they don't have as much flexibility to eat in the specialty restaurants that are included.  I guess I'm thankful it makes it easier for those of us who are prepared though! 🙂

People are obdurate. That is the only reason they continue to offer set dining on Excel class.

On 2/22/2024 at 12:16 PM, mz-s said:

People are obdurate. That is the only reason they continue to offer set dining on Excel class.

Good point!  I couldn't imagine going back to a set dining time on Carnival!  We have on Disney, but it's a whole different experience, so you can't really compare.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cmichael1221 said:

Good point!  I couldn't imagine going back to a set dining time on Carnival!  We have on Disney, but it's a whole different experience, so you can't really compare.

I don't think anytime dining even exists on Disney does it? I know the buffet isn't open during dinner.

On 2/4/2024 at 9:46 AM, Riemercruisin said:

Actually on the Mardi Gras it works out better to have AnyTime Dining because this way you can eat early and for free in ChiBang, Cucina del Capitano and Pig and Anchor. 

If you have a set Dining time, you can only book these after 7.45 pm.

I didn't think you could book Pig and Anchor at all. First come, first served.

There are two seatings with traditional dining, with late being after 7:45 which is when we prefer to eat anyway, so who cares?

I think Early Seating is still the most popular dining selection.

On 2/24/2024 at 12:36 PM, mz-s said:

I don't think anytime dining even exists on Disney does it? I know the buffet isn't open during dinner.

No - sorry - I meant the rotational dining on Disney - a whole different experience, so it's easier to deal with for us.