Dining time changed without permission

We have a cruise coming up on the Mardi Gras in a few weeks. We've been booked for over a year and had the 6pm dining time confirmed since initial booking. Recently some friends booked the same cruise and called up to see if they can join our dining. When they called it wasn't available and carnival took it upon themselves to change our dining from 6pm to "anytime" since our friends couldn't join ours. We just called and they more or less told us there's nothing they can do. This sounds outrageous to me, how can they change our dining time like that without ever speaking to us? My poor wife is pretty upset over this. We don't get to travel often and been looking forward to this for a long time. I know in the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal but it's pretty frustrating. Is there anything we can do? 

Edited by Yankee587
  • Like 1

Actually we have always had 6pm dining but it was recommended to us to change to Your time dining and it turned out the recommendation was correct. There are so many places to eat and if we wanted the dining room rather than the other options we just checked in for 6pm because there was a Your time dining room on 7. The trick was to check in around 5:30 and we would be seated by 6

If you're wanting to dine with friends then YTD is actually perfect as you'll always be able to get a table together. I don't see what the fuss is about and I certainly would not let it ruin your poor wife's cruise. Eating early you should have no problem getting a table pretty quickly.

• Like 6

Just now, sunkey1 said:

If you're wanting to dine with friends then YTD is actually perfect as you'll always be able to get a table together. I don't see what the fuss is about and I certainly would not let it ruin your poor wife's cruise. Eating early you should have no problem getting a table pretty quickly.

I get what you're saying we are a family of 8 and had no problem eating without our friends. I just don't understand how carnival switched it without ever talking to us. 

• Thanks 1

Actually on the Mardi Gras it works out better to have AnyTime Dining because this way you can eat early and for free in ChiBang, Cucina del Capitano and Pig and Anchor. 

If you have a set Dining time, you can only book these after 7.45 pm.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Yankee587 said:

I get what you're saying we are a family of 8 and had no problem eating without our friends. I just don't understand how carnival switched it without ever talking to us. 

I agree, I would call again and ask for a supervisor and if that does not work I would post it to John healds facebook and see if he can help

I guess if you linked your reservation with theirs, maybe that gave them permission to change your dining time. Doesn't make sense to me. The trick will be finding someone at Carnival who actually cares enough to change your dining back and make sure it doesn't happen again. Your best bet will be to post on JH's facebook page.

40 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I guess if you linked your reservation with theirs, maybe that gave them permission to change your dining time. Doesn't make sense to me. The trick will be finding someone at Carnival who actually cares enough to change your dining back and make sure it doesn't happen again. Your best bet will be to post on JH's facebook page.

When I go to John Heald's page, I do not see where to post a question. I have asked questions before and could post a question. Has something changed and there is a new place that you go to ask a question? Thanks

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, canes20 said:

When I go to John Heald's page, I do not see where to post a question. I have asked questions before and could post a question. Has something changed and there is a new place that you go to ask a question? Thanks

Every day he posts a topic that says put questions under here. You post it as a reply comment to that topic.

55 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Every day he posts a topic that says put questions under here. You post it as a reply comment to that topic.

I wonder why they took away the message button where you could just click on it?

3 hours ago, canes20 said:

I wonder why they took away the message button where you could just click on it?

Cause theres too many dam psychopaths leaving him hate mail.

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Yankee587 said:

If you linked your bookings, you gave them permission.

• Like 5

Facebook made a change a few months ago removing the community posts. So now, there is a daily post where John or Jacinta will respond.

There was never a message button. John's page is considered a fan page, so it doesn't have that functionality.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Facebook made a change a few months ago removing the community posts. So now, there is a daily post where John or Jacinta will respond.

There was never a message button. John's page is considered a fan page, so it doesn't have that functionality.

I guess that the community post is what I did use when I asked a couple of questions before. Just did not know how people were asking their questions now. You know they still want ask for those things tp make them smile.

12 hours ago, Yankee587 said:

We have a cruise coming up on the Mardi Gras in a few weeks. We've been booked for over a year and had the 6pm dining time confirmed since initial booking. Recently some friends booked the same cruise and called up to see if they can join our dining. When they called it wasn't available and carnival took it upon themselves to change our dining from 6pm to "anytime" since our friends couldn't join ours. We just called and they more or less told us there's nothing they can do. This sounds outrageous to me, how can they change our dining time like that without ever speaking to us? My poor wife is pretty upset over this. We don't get to travel often and been looking forward to this for a long time. I know in the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal but it's pretty frustrating. Is there anything we can do? 

Not only can they switch your dining time, they can switch your room without notice.  But as already posted, if you linked your bookings, when your friends' time was changed so was yours. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

I think they renamed it to Mentions.  I just went on his page on the mobile website, and the Mentions tab has the same functionality as the Community tab.

22 hours ago, Yankee587 said:

Carnival can do just about anything with your booking without your permission. Carnival can change your cabin number without your permission, change itineraries without your permission, etc. Anytime Dining is a better option, IMHO so....

• Like 2

On 2/4/2024 at 10:46 AM, Riemercruisin said:

Actually on the Mardi Gras it works out better to have AnyTime Dining because this way you can eat early and for free in ChiBang, Cucina del Capitano and Pig and Anchor. 

If you have a set Dining time, you can only book these after 7.45 pm.

True for ChiBang and Cucina but Pig & Anchor is walk up only so anyone can be seated there if a table is available.

• Like 1

I agree with everyone else, YTD is much better than a set dining time imho. You can still eat at 6pm every night if you want, you can still have the same wait staff, you can still see them do their little dance, and you still have the same menu. The only difference is now you have flexibility rather than being stuck with that 6pm time. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...