New to Cunard

Charlene1985

6 hours ago, NE John said:

Nice upgrade on QM2 (not QE2…) congrats!  I have yet to sail in QG, only PG and Britannia, so someone else may chime in with QG experience. I understand that the bottles get replaced as needed. 
I highly recommend that you ask the Grills Concierge on Deck 9 to explain to you all your QG perks or ask your TA or call Cunard. Ask lots of questions if you have them.  The Concierge is great. 

Thank you all for replies. But, were you charged for alcohol replenishments?

13 minutes ago, astronomy55 said:

Thank you all for replies. But, were you charged for alcohol replenishments?

No. The two bottles  when replaced each time are not charged for although you'll sign a chitty for them each time you get a replacement. Don't worry, it's a zero addition to any onboard account.

If you have a bit of a do in the cabin, as we do occasionally,  and order extra to the two bottles, then you'll be charged for the extras.

Edited by Victoria2

16 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

No. The two bottles  when replaced each time are not charged for although you'll sign a chitty for them each time you get a replacement. Don't worry, it's a zero addition to any onboard account.

If you have a bit of a do in the cabin, as we do occasionally,  and order extra to the two bottles, then you'll be charged for the extras.

Thanks for the information. I was hoping that was the case. It would be very disappointing to be charged for replenishments given the cost of QG suite.

We are not big in-cabin drinkers, preferring to consume our tipples in the beautiful public rooms of their ships.  I wish Cunard would offer a chunk of OBC as an option in lieu of the QG stateroom bar, it would be much more useful. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ClipperinSFO said:

We are not big in-cabin drinkers, preferring to consume our tipples in the beautiful public rooms of their ships.  I wish Cunard would offer a chunk of OBC as an option in lieu of the QG stateroom bar, it would be much more useful. 

Why not pour your drinks in your cabin and take them to a public area?

4 hours ago, shippmates said:

Well you may face the wrath of housekeeping! We always do this but for some reason on this cruise it has become a problem when we take “housekeeping” room glasses out into the “F&B” areas!

7 hours ago, shippmates said:

Over all the years we've been QGrilling it, it has never occurred to us to take anything provided in the cabin, out of the cabin for consumption around the ship.

As Hattie said, they are for cabin consumption and as we don't take any drinks onboard with us, anything consumed in the cabin other than the QG 'allowances', will be items on our onboard account.

2 hours ago, ClipperinSFO said:

All other reasons aside, they don't have proper martini glasses in the cabin!   

If you asked your butler he would provide you with them, if not then just ask at any bar for two martini glasses or any other type of glass come to that.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, seasickphil said:

If you asked your butler he would provide you with them, if not then just ask at any bar for two martini glasses or any other type of glass come to that.

Excellent idea!  We generally underutilize our butler. 

On 2/16/2024 at 7:41 AM, Host Hattie said:

Because the bottles supplied are for in cabin consumption.

Does this apply to the sparkling wine they provide in Britannia cabins? I was hoping to take the bottle out on the promenade deck for the sailaway from NYC. I'm not intending to drink it in one of the bars of course.

1 minute ago, ex-koelner said:

Does this apply to the sparkling wine they provide in Britannia cabins? I was hoping to take the bottle out on the promenade deck for the sailaway from NYC. I'm not intending to drink it in one of the bars of course.

We've always drunk it in our cabin but I have seen people drinking it on Deck or taking it into the dining room. 

3 hours ago, ex-koelner said:

If you decide to do that, I recommend that you take two leakproof sturdy carrier bags. Put one inside the other and get them filled with ice. Put the bottle in the ice and the glasses bowl down in the ice. You can carry it on deck like that. Your wine will taste much better served chilled.

I must admit we took our free sparkling wine on deck on QM2 when we left NY and there no issues. Having said that I would never take drinks either brought onboard by ourselves or if provided in QG to bars around the ship after pouring them in our cabins.

• Like 1