Does WS still offer the next sailing at $100 a night if they have vacancies?

kbr

For those who have sailed recently, when onboard, did you notice if WS is offering the next sailing at $100 a night if they have room?  They were offering this great special last year when we sailed, if you had flexability.  Trying to decide if I should book multiple weeks or gamble for the on board great deal to stay a little longer.  (I book multiple return flights using points, then cancel the flights I don't need and get my points back.)  Thanks!

It was not offered on my last two cruises but the ship was mostly full. There were a few people that stayed on the ship longer than booked but I don’t know what they were offered. There certainly was no advertising of a deal as there had been on our last 4 cruises. I sometimes call (or chat) to find out the capacity of the ship to get an idea of what to expect.

While I do not know for sure but I am guessing not, I am noticing that the ships are selling out prior to the sail date. There might be an odd itinerary that may just have an opening but it appears in very recent times WS is not having problems selling out their inventory in advance.

Just off Star Breeze.   We spent quite a bit of time doing puzzles next to the future cruise desk.  Heard it being discussed multiple times.  Unfortunately the subsequent sailing was full but it does seem to still be offered if availability.  $25 pp/pd more for balcony room.

13 hours ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Onboard Star Legend, we requested an additional night and were initially given the ok at $175 for our regular window room, but we're then notified that corporate has just changed policy and will NOT be able to. 

Were you requesting "an additional night" or the entire next voyage? I'm hoping they haven't stopped allowing guests to book the next sailing!

Edited by kbr

Since the ship overnights at Barcelona and Rome I guess there is the opportunity to add one more night to the sailing.   I thought I read that this was how they were handing the free pre/post night promotion on these sailings.  You would be accommodated onboard rather than an actual hotel stay.

15 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Since the ship overnights at Barcelona and Rome I guess there is the opportunity to add one more night to the sailing.   I thought I read that this was how they were handing the free pre/post night promotion on these sailings.  You would be accommodated onboard rather than an actual hotel stay.

Correct, onboard the ship. 

That was the original offer. As of Wednesday, we are being told it is not available. 

On 2/15/2024 at 10:29 AM, wrk2cruise said:

That seems like a good idea for the Barcelona end, but a night in Rome e is much more desirable than a night in Citivecchia so not attractive.