Dinner Request for Maitre D on Enchanted

lcdyoung65

Has anyone ever had any luck contacting a ship's Maitre D ahead of time with any specific requests?  We are a party of 12 sailing on the Enchanted in March and would love to be sat at a table together for dinner in the MDR.  Right now, we are split between 2 tables.  There were 10 of us last year on the Regal and we were able to sit at one table together.  12 may be pushing it, but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask!

Unless you personally know a Maitre'd (now called Director of Restaurant Operations, DRO) and have their contact info, the answer is no.

Once you are onboard, you will be able to make the request.  Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

I have seen it suggested to keep the two tables for 6 and just rotate the couples around during the cruise so that we all have an opportunity to eat together.  We would be totally fine with that, but didn't know if that would be more confusing for the wait staff.  Thoughts?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lcdyoung65 said:

but didn't know if that would be more confusing for the wait staff.  Thoughts?

BTW, Welcome to Cruise Critic!  I do not believe that would be an issue for the wait staff, they are accustomed to having large groups.

2 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

BTW, Welcome to Cruise Critic!  I do not believe that would be an issue for the wait staff, they are accustomed to having large groups.

Oh, sure, I just meant if couples are changing tables throughout the cruise would it get confusing?  And thanks!  🙂

12 minutes ago, lcdyoung65 said:

I have seen it suggested to keep the two tables for 6 and just rotate the couples around during the cruise so that we all have an opportunity to eat together.  We would be totally fine with that, but didn't know if that would be more confusing for the wait staff.  Thoughts?

By all means do this!  We had a family reunion of 18 onboard with three tables.  Everyone sat wherever they wanted each evening.  The wait staff could care less who’s in the seat, as long as we were never more than 18.  None of us had any dietary restrictions, so it was easy

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lcdyoung65 said:

Oh, sure, I just meant if couples are changing tables throughout the cruise would it get confusing?  And thanks!  🙂

If the couples started changing cabins, that might be a problem unless they had upside down pineapples outside the doors.  😈

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, DCThunder said:

If the couples started changing cabins, that might be a problem unless they had upside down pineapples outside the doors.  😈

Lol, not planning on any "pineapple decor!" 😉

• Haha 2

Had a party of 14 last year.  We had a table for six next to a table of eight. Only rule we had was you couldn't sit next to the same person as the night before.  Two people had dietary restrictions.  No problems with the wait staff getting confused.