Hotel near NCL dock in N.O.

Good morning cruisers I am leaving on the Breakaway out of New Orleans on Feb. 25th I was hoping someone could tell me the walking distance from the Renaissance hotel to the port. Would it be easier and faster to walk from there or uber.

Looks like there are 2 Renaissance Hotels.  

According to Google maps:

It's a 10 min (.4 mile)  walk from the Renaissance New Orleans Arts Warehouse District Hotel

and a 23 min (1 mile) walk from the Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MR_BUTCHIE said:

Good morning cruisers I am leaving on the Breakaway out of New Orleans on Feb. 25th I was hoping someone could tell me the walking distance from the Renaissance hotel to the port. Would it be easier and faster to walk from there or uber.

You may want to look into the Hilton.  There is an enclosed walkway from the hotel to the River Walk Mall, and the Norwegian cruise terminal is also connected to the mall.  You wan walk all the way from your hotel room to the ship without ever having to go outdoors.  Well, actually, there is a short portion where you have a roof over your head but it is an open air passage.  It's a little more than a quarter-mile walk through the mall.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MR_BUTCHIE said:

We stay at either the Hilton on the river or Harrahs. We uber from both to the port. While you can almost touch the ship from the Hilton, the entrance to the terminal is a hike. 

16 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

from the Hilton, the entrance to the terminal is a hike. 

Yes, it's a bit more than a quarter-mile, actually about 600 yards, but almost all of that is through a mall and all of it is under a roof.  There are escalators and elevators, so no stair climbing is required, just your typical day of mall walking.

• 2 weeks later...