Can two in the same room purchase different packages

private92656

For our upcoming cruise on Discovery, we have the plus package.

DW is mostly about fruity cocktails and a few beers, while I'm more into wines.

So I'm wondering if I can pay to upgrade to premium once onboard, just for myself, or both of us will have to upgrade?

And that is where Princess fails. They could "gain" $20 a day from the person that upgrades...but have the mindset that passenger would "share" (and probably some would).  But if you think outside the box....if one had Premier and used the reserve seat...what would happen to their cruise mate?  Or if Premier passenger wanted to partake in specialty dining, wouldn't they pay for the mate to join them?  And other like scenarios.  

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, private92656 said:

They will still get their share of $$ when I pay the difference above $15 😭

I will check with dw, included SD may make this worthwhile. We do plan to try out the Catch.

The *unlimited* casual dining is pretty nice, too.  You don't have to worry that "Have we been to Alfredo's once or twice now?"

• Like 1

Just to clarify, two in the same room have to purchase the same "cruise package"--Plus or Premier--which includes not only the beverage package but also gratuities, wifi, etc. 

If you're talking about the Plus or Premier "beverage package" alone, both don't have to purchase the same package. One can even purchase a package and the other not.

Obviously with the "cruise packages" costing less than the "beverage packages" alone, 99% of people will get the "cruise package."  The only scenario where it would make much sense not to is if one person doesn't drink much/at all and one or both don't get much/any benefit from the wifi included in the "cruise package".

Princess certainly didn't do themselves any favors by giving the same names to the cruise and beverage packages.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As someone mentioned and I had thought about this. Since 7 of our group is ordering the Premier Package, and even though I may not use everything that it includes, when it comes to the specialty restaurants, and other things, I want to STILL be with them when they eat.