Dr. Jay Wolfe

firstcruise91

Looked high and low thru over 30 cruise albums and could not find him listed in numerous Reflections.  Very odd, on my part.  My question is . . Does anyone know if he is still a guest lecturer on Crystal ships?  I have tried the Crystal website but no luck there.

Cheers,

Mary

13 minutes ago, firstcruise91 said:

Looked high and low thru over 30 cruise albums and could not find him listed in numerous Reflections.  Very odd, on my part.  My question is . . Does anyone know if he is still a guest lecturer on Crystal ships?  I have tried the Crystal website but no luck there.

Cheers,

Mary

He is now 90 years old, residing in Naples, FL. I do not believe that he lectures on cruise ships anymore. This is his website, but it does not provide any additional guidance or information.

Rob

http://drjaywolff.com/

His lectures were always outstanding, even when I heard them for the second time. His encyclopedic memory of history was phenomenal. We purchased a full set of his lectures on a thumb drive, which as of several years ago included more than one hundred talks. Always enjoyed chatting with him and his wife, Carol, and sharing a meal with them.  Very much hope he finds his way back to Crystal

Hi All - This is Carol responding, because at this very moment Jay is onstage lecturing, and I figured this board entry needed an immediate response. We are still cruising, and for those times when we’re not at sea, Jay has just joined the faculty of Florida Gulf Coast University. He’ll do occasional guest lectures there, by popular demand. I’m kept busy just keeping his schedule up-to date. But my favorite activity these days is fostering kittens for the Humane Society of Naples. We miss our Crystal friends very much.

• Like 7

Hope to see you both on Crystal sometime soon. 

10 minutes ago, historylivestoday said:

Hi All - This is Carol responding, because at this very moment Jay is onstage lecturing, and I figured this board entry needed an immediate response. We are still cruising, and for those times when we’re not at sea, Jay has just joined the faculty of Florida Gulf Coast University. He’ll do occasional guest lectures there, by popular demand. I’m kept busy just keeping his schedule up-to date. But my favorite activity these days is fostering kittens for the Humane Society of Naples. We miss our Crystal friends very much.

• Like 1

Yes, I enjoyed Jay’s lectures recently on Silversea Nova where he celebrated his 90th birthday.  He’s as good as ever.  Carol and Jay are waiting to hear from Crystal.  Hope the company brings him back!!!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, historylivestoday said:

Carol, thank you for replying!

From 2015 when we first heard Jay, you lived in Naples, and perhaps even longer than that.

Enjoy the kitties when you get home!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, historylivestoday said:

Love the kittens! They are precious and innocent and adorable. 

We adopted two rescue kittens, well really more like teenagers, back in October, and they are a handful. Except, of course, when they settle down and are looking for a cuddle! Been Cat Parents for almost 30 years now.