Port of Honolulu

Ndolly

I am trying to figure out what route I take to the bus. We will be going to Pearl Harbor. I have looked at the bus site. I just want to make sure I am getting the correct bus. How far of a walk to the bus? Thanks for your help. 

Have you been looking at thebus.org? Tying it to Google Maps helps a lot.

You can take the 20, or the 42. Its about 15 minutes walk from Terminal 2. It will be a little longer from Terminal 12.

I am trying to figure out what route I take to the bus. We will be going to Pearl Harbor. I have looked at the bus site. I just want to make sure I am getting the correct bus. How far of a walk to the bus? Thanks for your help. 

Thanks.  I did look at the bus website.  I did Google it. I was wondering if the roads were OK to walk on. Anything I should be aware of.  Looks easy enough.  I just wanted to know what others thought. 

11 hours ago, Star1 said:

Thanks.  I did look at the bus website.  I did Google it. I was wondering if the roads were OK to walk on. Anything I should be aware of.  Looks easy enough.  I just wanted to know what others thought. 

Both the cruise terminals are in Downtown essentially so walking is easy. There are good sidewalks and crossing lights, But do be aware of the possibility of sudden, soaking showers. I walked to my favorite store in downtown one time and got drenched before I could get inside someplace. I cabbed back to the ship to change.

11 hours ago, Star1 said:

I was wondering if the roads were OK to walk on. Anything I should be aware of.  Looks easy enough.  I just wanted to know what others thought. 

Agree with Bear that you can walk anywhere downtown but just in case you were asking about walking to Pearl Harbor, since your adjacent posts referenced it was the goal to get there, it is not walkable-- it is over 7 miles and you use a major highway. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

Agree with Bear that you can walk anywhere downtown but just in case you were asking about walking to Pearl Harbor, since your adjacent posts referenced it was the goal to get there, it is not walkable-- it is over 7 miles and you use a major highway. 

If I read it right, they were looking to walk to a stop for TheBus, but life is too short, I'd Uber.

We will be in Honolulu on January 19, 2024, I studied the bus schedule, but because of the amount of time it takes going there and time to get to Waikiki by bus, we've decided to Uber.  Will it be hard to get an Uber at Pearl Harbor? 

1 hour ago, TexasHikers said:

We will be in Honolulu on January 19, 2024, I studied the bus schedule, but because of the amount of time it takes going there and time to get to Waikiki by bus, we've decided to Uber.  Will it be hard to get an Uber at Pearl Harbor? 

Not in the slightest.

3 hours ago, TexasHikers said:

Will it be hard to get an Uber at Pearl Harbor? 

Agree. Forget anything you've heard about Uber in the rest of the islands-- Uber in Honolulu is like getting one in any other major US city. Easy and quick. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

Agree. Forget anything you've heard about Uber in the rest of the islands-- Uber in Honolulu is like getting one in any other major US city. Easy and quick. 

That's good to know.  We are planning to get an uber from the Port of Honolulu to Waikiki to spend a day there.

10 hours ago, danny8826 said:

That's good to know.  We are planning to get an uber from the Port of Honolulu to Waikiki to spend a day there.

You won't have any issue.

Uber is also fairly reliable in Maui (in the resort areas and around the airport). Other than that its the wild west in the rest of Hawaii. 

On 7/6/2024 at 6:52 AM, princeton123211 said:

You won't have any issue.

Uber is also fairly reliable in Maui (in the resort areas and around the airport). Other than that its the wild west in the rest of Hawaii. 

Thank you.  Unfortunately, our cruise is not going to Maui.  We are in Hilo, Kona, Kauai, and Honolulu.  We have excursions booked in all port except Honolulu which we prefer it that way.

On 7/1/2024 at 10:53 PM, Star1 said:

We did an Uber both ways in May. Others have mentioned the bus, which is cheap but slow, we decided against it. Due to our own fault we ended up waiting for an Uber for 20+ minutes @ Pearl and never saw a bus go by, we were glad we did an Uber, even with our problems.

On 7/1/2024 at 7:49 PM, Star1 said:

On 7/1/2024 at 7:53 PM, Star1 said:

Just to clarify, YES, the bus stops are safe and easy to walk to, but TheBus takes 45 minutes or more to get to and from Pearl Harbor. For us, Uber or taxi is worth the cost.

The only place I'd use TheBus to or from on a cruise would be to Ala Moana Center or Waikiki.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KeepCalmBearOn said:

Just to clarify, YES, the bus stops are safe and easy to walk to, but TheBus takes 45 minutes or more to get to and from Pearl Harbor. For us, Uber or taxi is worth the cost.

For what is otherwise a 15 minute Uber or taxi ride. The Bus to Pearl Harbor is a colossal waste of time if it can be avoided, especially if your time on Oahu is limited. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, KeepCalmBearOn said:

The only place I'd use TheBus to or from on a cruise would be to Ala Moana Center or Waikiki.

How long would the bus ride be from the cruise port to Ala Moana Enter or Waikiki?

46 minutes ago, danny8826 said:

How long would the bus ride be from the cruise port to Ala Moana Enter or Waikiki?

We took the bus several times from/to Waikiki and passed the port each time so, I'd say 10-15 "on the bus", but you have to add the waiting time for the next bus, which is a wild card. You have to decide if saving some cash on the bus is really worth the hassle and stress.

2 hours ago, DCwom said:

We took the bus several times from/to Waikiki and passed the port each time so, I'd say 10-15 "on the bus", but you have to add the waiting time for the next bus, which is a wild card. You have to decide if saving some cash on the bus is really worth the hassle and stress.

Thank you.  Very true.  We most likely will take an uber or taxi.

5 hours ago, danny8826 said:

15 minutes to Ala Moana Center, 20 minutes to Waikiki (Kalakaua & Lewers). It can vary by which bus is available and which route they take and which cruise port you are at.

• Thanks 1

On 7/11/2024 at 2:41 PM, KeepCalmBearOn said:

15 minutes to Ala Moana Center, 20 minutes to Waikiki (Kalakaua & Lewers). It can vary by which bus is available and which route they take and which cruise port you are at.

Thank you for the info.

23 hours ago, kluv2cruz said:

Rome2Rio app is very handy to estimate time and $ for transportation options. 

Thank you

• Thanks 1