New App not Showing Elite

Dede F

Anyone have any insight.  We are both Elite.  The old and new app for myself shows elite.  The old app for my husband shows elite, but the new app does not.  I tried to get this fixed on board on cruise last week to no avail.  Has this happened with anyone and if so were you able to get it fixed and how did you get it fixed.

This is a known issue even with the old App.

You can call Princess and have it sorted,

Mine will change to Elite while on board but as soon as I leave the ship it goes back to blue.

I have called twice and had it fixed but it always switches back to the incorrect level so not worth the hassle.

Edited by Jadn13
  • Like 2

I called to have it sorted and it still isn't sorted. Old app shows me as elite and new app does not. The ocean rep said they see that I am elite and it is a glitch. Fortunately I already booked medallion.net with the old app for all our upcoming cruises and the discount was applied for each one. Hoping it is corrected eventually. 

55 minutes ago, Dede F said:

Anyone have any insight.  We are both Elite.  The old and new app for myself shows elite.  The old app for my husband shows elite, but the new app does not.  I tried to get this fixed on board on cruise last week to no avail.  Has this happened with anyone and if so were you able to get it fixed and how did you get it fixed.

The important thing is that his account loyalty shows correctly on the website.  
The old App has gone from blue to black for me, as IT was working on the new App.  Now, or when I checked last, the old App is blue and the new App is black.  I purchased my Medallion Net with the discount on all my cruises while it was black.  Lol

So, if you really want it to be updated, you can send a message to IT to fix it.  It may or may not last.

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

On the new app, my status is right but my DH’s showed as ‘New to Princess’.  He was still showing as elite onboard, just not on his app.  
We were on the Crown last week and one visit to guest services and it was fixed within a couple of hours.  The guest services staff took a photo of his app and sent it to the appropriate department.  Great customer service!  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dede F said:

This is the exact same issue I am having - my husband and I are both Elite and on the old and new apps, my husband is showing as Elite however I am not - on the new app my profile just shows a white background on the upper part of the screen (and the SeaWitch is blue). I emailed askoceanmedallion@carnival.com in early January but never heard back. Last week I called Princess and chose the Medallion option on the phone. The rep on the phone indicated she could see me as Elite and after several attempts to get her to understand the issue was the app having the incorrect status, she finally clued in and said she does see that. After a couple of holds she came back and said she has escalated this to be looked at and it should be fixed in three days - and if not, to call back. It never did get fixed! I also sent another email to them this morning but am not going to hold my breath. I am not going to worry anymore about it. Will try to get it sorted out while onboard next month but based on responses here, that may not happen. My Order History for the medallions does show the correct color/loyalty level of black on the medallions.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bagney said:

This is the exact same issue I am having - my husband and I are both Elite and on the old and new apps, my husband is showing as Elite however I am not - on the new app my profile just shows a white background on the upper part of the screen (and the SeaWitch is blue). I emailed askoceanmedallion@carnival.com in early January but never heard back. Last week I called Princess and chose the Medallion option on the phone. The rep on the phone indicated she could see me as Elite and after several attempts to get her to understand the issue was the app having the incorrect status, she finally clued in and said she does see that. After a couple of holds she came back and said she has escalated this to be looked at and it should be fixed in three days - and if not, to call back. It never did get fixed! I also sent another email to them this morning but am not going to hold my breath. I am not going to worry anymore about it. Will try to get it sorted out while onboard next month but based on responses here, that may not happen. My Order History for the medallions does show the correct color/loyalty level of black on the medallions.

Do not worry about this.  OB, they really won’t do anything, except maybe send a message to IT, which you have already done.

Once OB, you probably will see it as being the correct loyalty.

• Like 1

I have the same issue but the medallion I got showed elite so no issue. I always bring screenshots of my travel summary and number of cruises sailed but I have never needed it

• Like 2