Bottomless Bubbles - Machines and cans?

I'm sure this has been asked before, but here it goes.

On the Celebration, if you have Bottomless Bubbles, can you use the soda machines on Lido for free?

And will they give you cans at Java Blue(Bubbly) and at the bars?

I really wish they would change the Bubbles program.  I just finished an MSC cruise....I could get MULTIPLE unopened cans of soda at the same time.  No question at all. 

However, for my upcoming March Carnival cruise, I paid $245 for my husband, grandson and I to have soda...and we can't have a can....so, I will need to carry on a 12 pack in order to have a soda on my balcony when I wake up in the morning!

I also loved the soda program on RCL.....the self serve machines were wonderful too....

Come on Carnival........make a change!  The little things add up.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NoName said:

Come on Carnival........make a change!  The little things add up.....

On the social media someone wrote that they were able to get cans at the coffee shop. I was actually hoping someone here would chime in and confirm.

Edited by Riemercruisin
Spelling

5 hours ago, Riemercruisin said:

On the social media someone wrote that they were able to get cans at the coffee shop. I was actually hoping someone here would chime in and confirm.

You can, you just pay full price.  

7 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

In the end it is cheaper and easier to "lug" or "schlep" your own sodas on imho. 

It really is, especially since you can buy more soda and bring them on at each port of call.

16 hours ago, Riemercruisin said:

We were able to get unopened cans at the coffee shop on the Legend last month.  We had Bottomless Bubbles. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Mangrove Snapper said:

We were able to get unopened cans at the coffee shop on the Legend last month.  We had Bottomless Bubbles. 

There is always the possibility that a bartender will bend the rules for you. But by the rules of the program, Bottomless Bubbles is a "by the glass" program. So don't act shocked when they serve you a glass of soda and don't give you the can.

Sometimes, the bartender hands me a fountain pop. Sometimes it's a glass of ice & a can. Yes, you can use the machines but when I was on the Celebration last fall, the machines were always out of order all over the ship. Although, the ones at the back by the Pig & Anchor worked but the pepsi tasted really weird. Some of them ran carbonation only (if you scanned a credit card to pay for a pop....then you paid for a nasty carbonated water. So really not effecient or convenient.)

On 2/11/2024 at 11:04 AM, mz-s said:

You will not be given full unopened cans with Bubbles. Bubbles is a "by the glass" program.

On ships so equipped, you can use the soda machines.

I have done 4 cruises in the last 24 months on different ships. I was often given unopened cans.

On 2/11/2024 at 12:04 PM, mz-s said:

You will not be given full unopened cans with Bubbles. Bubbles is a "by the glass" program.

On ships so equipped, you can use the soda machines.

Except they shut the soda machines off at some point.  I am guessing about when the buffet is closed up. I was heading back to my room on the Jubilee and stopped to get a soda but the scanner didn't read the card.  I am guessing it is because they don't have the staff at that time to keep the area clean.

15 hours ago, mz-s said:

Please refer to post #9.

I guess all the bartenders and servers on the Breeze, Valor, Glory, and Spirit do not know the rules since they always gave me a full can often unopened. 

8 hours ago, iria64 said:

Except they shut the soda machines off at some point.  I am guessing about when the buffet is closed up. I was heading back to my room on the Jubilee and stopped to get a soda but the scanner didn't read the card.  I am guessing it is because they don't have the staff at that time to keep the area clean.

Have not sailed on a ship with soda fountains yet. If they're anything like the PYOB stations I don't think I'm missing much.

On 2/13/2024 at 7:32 AM, mz-s said:

Have not sailed on a ship with soda fountains yet. If they're anything like the PYOB stations I don't think I'm missing much.

I never tried the beer tap on the Jubilee and I never saw anyone else trying them either.  The two main issues I have heard on these is... 1. there is no clear idea on how often the lines are cleaned and 2. I have heard complaints that you end up with 1/2 a cup of foam.  I would rather just go to a bar to get some beer than take my chances with what might come out of the tap.

4 minutes ago, iria64 said:

I never tried the beer tap on the Jubilee and I never saw anyone else trying them either.  The two main issues I have heard on these is... 1. there is no clear idea on how often the lines are cleaned and 2. I have heard complaints that you end up with 1/2 a cup of foam.  I would rather just go to a bar to get some beer than take my chances with what might come out of the tap.

I used it once on ecstasy years ago. I got a tepid skunky beer that was half foam that I paid a gratuity to pour myself! To say I felt like a fool is an understatement. I have never even looked at the machines again. 

On 2/12/2024 at 9:56 AM, mz-s said:

There is always the possibility that a bartender will bend the rules for you...

Not sure they would "bend the rules" with all the security cameras and a career at stake. It has been the norm for us on the last four cruises. We've been handed a cold can of soda from the coffee bar(s) at each visit.

Edited by BallFour4
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, BallFour4 said:

Not sure they would "bend the rules" with all the security cameras and a career at stake. It has been the norm for us on the last four cruises. We've been handed a cold can of soda from the coffee bar(s) at each visit.

https://www.carnival.com/drink-packages/bottomless-bubbles-package/bottomless-bubbles-BB_1

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

Fully aware of the FAQs after 42 cruises since the Mardi Gras in 1976. I stated our experiences, the same as others.
 Read the FAQ again. My wife and I received canned soda at the coffee bars where canned soft drinks are kept refrigerated.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, BallFour4 said:

Fully aware of the FAQs after 42 cruises since the Mardi Gras in 1976. I stated our experiences, the same as others.
 Read the FAQ again. My wife and I received canned soda at the coffee bars where canned soft drinks are kept refrigerated.

Wow, 42 cruises? Golly gee!

3 hours ago, mz-s said:

Wow, 42 cruises? Golly gee!

Galveston is down the freeway in under 30 min. Everything with a funnel many times and few with Viking Crown lounges. The Icon in three weeks.

I almost always got the can and the glass on the Celebration.  A few times the bartenders asked me if I would prefer my soda from a can or from the fountain.  Also, some of the sodas are only available in the bars in cans.

• Like 2