Question on FCC

nbsjcruiser

Just came off the Sky (great cruise - I'll eventually do a review) and purchased two $100 FCC, one for me and one for my wife. I never really looked into these before so I'm a little unsure how they work. My wife and I will be booking another cruise shortly but when we do, do  I use only one of these or are both required to purchase a cruise for the two of us?

tks in advance

47 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

They are FCDs.  Future Cruise Deposits.

You each use one for your deposit per booking.

And you get OBC on the next cruise for using them.  Depends on the length of the cruise as to how much OBC you receive.

• Like 1

A Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) is a specific kind of Future Cruise Credit (FCC). It is purchased and can be used as a deposit. Other types of FCCs cannot be used as deposits.

You can use either one or both to book a cruise.

• If you use both, then you have paid your full deposit and you both receive Onboard Credit (OBC). This is the normal way to do it.
  • If you use only one, then you would have to make an additional credit card for the other person. I believe it would be only $100 even if the normal deposit were more, but I'm not sure since I haven't done this myself. In this case, only one of you would get the OBC.

Depending on how you book will determine exactly how you put them to use.  If you book yourself online, your FCDs will default to being used as the deposit for your next cruise.  As @DCThunder states, you will also receive a certain amount of OBC, depending on how long this new booked cruise will last.

If you book with a TA or with a Princess CVP, make sure they recognize the fact that you have these FCDs so you will get the appropriate perks I mentioned.

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

1 minute ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Depending on how you book will determine exactly how you put them to use.  If you book yourself online, your FCDs will default to being used as the deposit for your next cruise.  As @DCThunder states, you will also receive a certain amount of OBC, depending on how long this new booked cruise will last.

On my most recent booking, it did not default to FCDs. It gave me the option to pay the deposit or to pay in full. It also provided places for me to check if I wanted to use mine and if I wanted to use DW's. After I checked both boxes, I still had the two options to pay the deposit or to pay in full, but the option to pay the deposit said it would be $0.

• Like 1

Just now, NavyVeteran said:

On my most recent booking, it did not default to FCDs. It gave me the option to pay the deposit or to pay in full. It also provided places for me to check if I wanted to use mine and if I wanted to use DW's. After I checked both boxes, I still had the two options to pay the deposit or to pay in full, but the option to pay the deposit said it would be $0.

Interesting...I guess more changes from that wonderfully competent website department! 😄 It certainly *used* to be the default...every time I booked myself those boxes were always pre-checked.

You should each use your FCD as deposit. It doesn't matter if the "normal" deposit is $800 - the $100 FCD covers the deposit. (You will still have to pay the full amount for the cruise less your deposit.) By using the FCDs as your deposits you will each receive OBC to use when you sail. The amount you will receive is determined by a combination of cabin type and cruise length.

OBC From FCD

3 - 6 Days $15 Inside, $15 Outside, $25 Balcony, $25 Suite

7 - 10 Days $25 Inside, $25 Outside, $50 Balcony, $50 Suite

11 - 16 Days $75 Inside, $75 Outside, $100 Balcony, $100 Suite

17 + Days $125 Inside, $125 Outside, $150 Balcony, $150 Suite

• Like 1