Tahiti to Fiji January Weather

I have booked a cruise from Tahiti to Fiji for early 2025. After booking it I read that it rains 26 days a month in January in Tahiti so now I'm thinking of canceling. Can anyone who has been there in January tell me if this all day rain or tropical rain that comes late in the day? I know that Tahiti just had a cyclone go through, but that was early February. I want sun - am I likely to find that in early January in both Tahiti and Fiji or am I going to regret going that time of year?

January is the rainy season for both.  A number of years ago I did a cruise from Australia to Tahiti in January.  We had to divert for two cyclones.  When we finally made it to Tahiti the weather was great.

If you have other options for time of year to travel I would stay away from the South Pacific from around Nov/Dec to March, just like I would be very cautious in going to the Caribbean during hurricane season.

• Thanks 1

Totally agree with Medic ...

Only good thing in January is usually the better fare rate.

I've been 32 times to the South Pacific ... December - through early March is always a crap shoot.

Just returned from FP  ... was there for some of the cyclone ... we had 4 days of rough weather to deal with.

Those are pretty good odds that you will see rain and as others have said and just experienced it is the cyclone season. I booked a French Polynesia cruise for 2025 and I chose early June. I am playing the odds that the weather will be better because it is their dry season although an afternoon shower is always possible. If it were me, I wouldn’t go to the French Polynesia between November and April.