Obstructed Cabins Discovery Princess

chachcha

Google is your friend.

Not a great view, almost all of the lower half is obstructed by a lifeboat.

The obstruction in the top half is almost-certainly a travelling platform for cleaning & maintenance, It might be in the photo by coincidence or that might be its location when not in use.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ships/stateroom-details.php?ship=Crown-Princess&cabin=E306

If a view is important it's always wise to pay extra to avoid "obstructed" or "part-obstructed" cabins.

JB 🙂

• Like 1

The OP was asking about E306 on Discovery Princess.  This is a balcony cabin and the life boat obstructs the glass on the balcony, approximately up to the railing.  Above the railing the view is clear.

2 hours ago, villageidit said:

The forward obstructed balconies on that deck have solid railings. That is the only obstruction and the balconies are oversized. Consider booking one of those.

E306 on Discovery is NOT a "forward" cabin.  It is located port side, slightly forward of mis-ship.  All of these balconies have glass railings.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villageidit said:

The forward obstructed balconies on that deck have solid railings. That is the only obstruction and the balconies are oversized. Consider booking one of those.

No. On this ship the far forward facing cabins are on Lido deck, as in L101, 102, 103, 104.

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

E306 on Discovery is NOT a "forward" cabin.  It is located port side, slightly forward of mis-ship.  All of these balconies have glass railings.

Absolutely correct, which is why I suggested booking one of the balconies at the front (not forward facing) that has a solid railing not a lifeboat as the obstruction. I should have specified the cabin numbers I guess. i.e.E107 or E108 etc. 

57 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

No. On this ship the far forward facing cabins are on Lido deck, as in L101, 102, 103, 104.

True, but I was referring to the ones on Emerald deck at the front (not forward facing). These have a solid railing and are large balconies. I should have mentioned cabin numbers (E107 etc) when suggesting to book one as an alternative. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, chachcha said:

E306 Discovery Princess is "very" obstructed, or not...great if you could provide a photo.

we were in E322 and it looks like this when in port:

image.thumb.jpeg.c145a8eaa406a25600fc959fdca00cdf.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.cc78aaf2c4124385ce74647fb1399e64.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0cac14270ad6584f17e6528d63ec7afe.jpeg

They are usually elevated when in port, because the crew is working on them.

When you are at sea, it looks better. If you are in a cabin positioned in the middle of the life boat, it looks like this:

image.thumb.jpeg.db3827fff3bc380b20ff0c4d5bd3c48b.jpeg

the top of the boat is even with the floor of your balcony.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

This link shows photos of many of Discovery’s obstructed view balcony cabins. There is no image for E306 however there is one for the adjacent cabin E304. 

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ships/ov.php?ship=Discovery-Princess&cabins=E301-E334

image.png.13f05154a149afaa07d4bda882526618.png

Wowwwww....you all are amazing - with deep appreciation to everyone here who replied, and with colossal thanks to this link, we secured E304