Aurea experience

bob10173

Soon sailing on the Seashore and bid on the Aurea and was accepted. MSC put is on deck 9 and even though there were other cabins available on upper decks they wouldn't move us. I may be wrong about deck 9 but has anyone recently been on the the Seashore Aurea deck 9? I am also reading on these boards that somethings like the thermal spa has been eliminated from the Aurea experience. Any feedback would be nice. Not happy so far.

Spa is included…Aurea has a nice bar up on the top deck with nice seating and shade, it’s right outside the Yacht Club area..not sure why you are not happy..you made the bid…enjoy the cruise. 

Edited by PTC DAWG

Thanks for the replies. This is not a typical balcony. It doesn't seem private at all with the sun deck right below and all balconies above being able to observe my balcony. I will enjoy the cruise and maybe I am wrong about the deck 9 aurea balcony. We are directly over the gym.

3 hours ago, bob10173 said:

Thanks for the replies. This is not a typical balcony. It doesn't seem private at all with the sun deck right below and all balconies above being able to observe my balcony. I will enjoy the cruise and maybe I am wrong about the deck 9 aurea balcony. We are directly over the gym.

Half of the balcony is covered for privacy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tierun said:

Half of the balcony is covered for privacy. 

This is the balcony of 9029 on Seaside.  As above, it is half covered by the balcony on deck 10.  The Aurea cabins (Aurea junior suite) aft on deck 9 are 1/3 larger so more will be exposed.

IMG_3041.png

IMG_3042.png

IMG_3043.jpeg

7 hours ago, deliver42 said:

It makes no difference what cruise line. If you do a move up bid, they put you where they want. You get what you moved up for.

I agree but we were on deck 12 with a balcony and now deck 9. I thought we would get  cabin upgrade but was mistaken.  I will know better next  time. This will not ruin my cruise.  Just doesn't seem right. 

8 hours ago, jcollin said:

Are the Aurea cabins on 15 better?

Cabin is the same but I would prefer deck 15 over deck 9. The last cabins to fill up in the Aurea experience were the cabins on deck 9. Maybe a reason??

54 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

The cabins are the same, albeit with a larger balcony.  But you did get an Experience upgrade.  Decks 14 & 15 do not have the larger balcony, therefore no loungers.  EM

Just a personal preference. 

The ‘better’ located cabins are often booked in advance so you end up bidding on what’s left.  It’s a gamble that doesn’t always pay off.  By bidding, you’re probably getting a higher category for less than what it would normally cost. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

The ‘better’ located cabins are often booked in advance so you end up bidding on what’s left.  It’s a gamble that doesn’t always pay off.  By bidding, you’re probably getting a higher category for less than what it would normally cost. 

After I was assigned the Aurea deck 9 cabin, I saw there were Aurea cabins available on higher decks. I called several times and my TA did also and they refused to move my cabin.