Post cruise airport transfer

vwgolf2

I’m just considering options for getting to MIA airport following our disembarkation from Horizon on 21st April. Our flight back to the UK doesn’t leave until 18:45 which probably means a 15:45 check-in. I can see that Carnival offer a number of excursions that include airport drop-off in addition to a straightforward airport transfer. Does anyone have any experience of these? I’m trying to avoid either hanging around at the port or having to sit at the airport with our luggage for several hours. Thanks!

8 minutes ago, vwgolf2 said:

I’m just considering options for getting to MIA airport following our disembarkation from Horizon on 21st April. Our flight back to the UK doesn’t leave until 18:45 which probably means a 15:45 check-in. I can see that Carnival offer a number of excursions that include airport drop-off in addition to a straightforward airport transfer. Does anyone have any experience of these? I’m trying to avoid either hanging around at the port or having to sit at the airport with our luggage for several hours. Thanks!

Try https://www.resortpass.com/hotel-day-passes/Miami-14

We did this in San Juan and it worked out great. When the excursion was over they dropped us off at the airport and our luggage was there waiting for us. We are doing the same thing for our cruise from Port Canaveral in April (similar scenario to yours, the flight doesn't leave until almost 6 so the excursion helps to fill the time).

Done it a few times for Miami airport transfer - both the Everglades boat ride and the walking tour were nice. The walking tour takes you through Little Havana with time for lunch; we found a small Cafe and had a great lunch. They're kind of pricey, but are a good option when you have a later flight.

Thanks. I'm thinking about the walking tour as we're staying on South Beach for a couple of days before the cruise and intend to spend a day on the beachfront and a day in the Everglades (and if I get my way, Friday night watching the Marlins!).