Entering Crown and Anchor# Causing OBC to be Removed

I need some quick advice.  I am trying to book a JS for October on Harmony and I got a price + 600 OBC.  When I enter my C&A # the price drops by 225 for my balcony discount but I lose the 600.00.  I would much rather have the 600 for obvious reasons.  I wish it would give me a choice.  A JS will give me double points so obviously I want them but can I just claim the cruise after the fact to be able to keep the OBC.  This shouldn't be this hard 😜

2 minutes ago, islandchicklet said:

I need some quick advice.  I am trying to book a JS for October on Harmony and I got a price + 600 OBC.  When I enter my C&A # the price drops by 225 for my balcony discount but I lose the 600.00.  I would much rather have the 600 for obvious reasons.  I wish it would give me a choice.  A JS will give me double points so obviously I want them but can I just claim the cruise after the fact to be able to keep the OBC.  This shouldn't be this hard 😜

Exactly why I don't book online and rather call RC or use a TA to book. Give them all my details for the cruise and let them tell me if I keep or loose something. 

Edited by doghog

3 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I assume you mean entering your C&A number as part of the first step in the booking wizard?

That shouldn't matter. Just leave it off for that step then enter it on the checkout page.

I didn't sign in and when I add # to the check out page it refigures the cruise and removes the OBC.  I have redone it multiple times hoping to get a different result.  😜  I know it is supposed to automatically give you the "best" deal but this isn't the best deal lol.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, islandchicklet said:

I didn't sign in and when I add # to the check out page it refigures the cruise and removes the OBC.  I have redone it multiple times hoping to get a different result.  😜  I know it is supposed to automatically give you the "best" deal but this isn't the best deal lol.

That stinks. It's trying to apply the C&A discount which trumps the current promo.

Yep, gotta call or work with a TA

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

That stinks. It's trying to apply the C&A discount which trumps the current promo.

Yep, gotta call or work with a TA

Yeah, I hate calling but I guess I have no choice.  And of course, I will have to call 12 times to get 2 answers that seem similar.

THANKS for your input!

I booked a cruise yesterday on the Brilliance out of San Juan for 1/26. Guarantee Balcony. Just checked the price today with the OBC promo and it is $600 more than it was yesterday without the OBC…

Edited by Crazy4Cruisin225

1 hour ago, islandchicklet said:

Yeah, I hate calling but I guess I have no choice.  And of course, I will have to call 12 times to get 2 answers that seem similar.

THANKS for your input!

Book online without entering your C&A. Problem solved. If it doesn't appear in your account on its own, you can pull it in with the booking number. You'll still get credit. 😉

6 minutes ago, hapster85 said:

Book online without entering your C&A. Problem solved. If it doesn't appear in your account on its own, you can pull it in with the booking number. You'll still get credit. 😉

Yep, that is what I have decided to do.  Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crazy4Cruisin225 said:

I booked a cruise yesterday on the Brilliance out of San Juan for 1/26. Guarantee Balcony. Just checked the price today with the OBC promo and it is $600 more than it was yesterday without the OBC…

Yeah I noticed price differences also from yesterday but I couldn't make up my mind on the Ship so I waited until today.  But at least since I decided to book Wonder instead of Harmony so I will spend way less.  

18 hours ago, islandchicklet said:

THANKS for your input!

Hello,

And that's exactly why I use a TA - let him have all the aggravation.

Regards,

Cublet.

18 hours ago, steveru621 said:

You can't combine any cash offers with your C&A discount.

Exactly what my TA told me as well. The RC sale price we got was better than our CA discount.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nonnie&dgd said:

If you leave your crown and anchor number off your reservation, how do you get points for the cruise?

You add it to the booking after completing the reservation.