Struggling on what excursion to take in Belize - ideas or suggestions?

cruiseequalsfun

We are booking mid-June on a cruise that goes to Cozumel, Roatan, Belize, and Costa Maya (in this order).  It is 3 of us - myself, husband, and 11 year old daughter.  I feel like we have good plans (none booked yet) for Cozumel, Roatan, and Costa Maya, but I'm struggling with what to do in Belize.

In Cozumel I'm thinking of booking Tour Plaza for city highlights/sightseeing, maybe see the lighthouse, doing a snorkel boat excursion, and beach time.

In Roatan I'm thinking of booking with Victor Boden for sightseeing, sloths, beach/resort with snorkeling from the shore.

In Costa Maya I'm thinking of booking with Native Choice for the Chachoben Ruins tour.

In Belize, some ideas I've seen on the boards would be a trip to the zoo (but we have a really nice zoo an hour from us at home), maybe cave tubing?  perhaps cave tubing and zip line?  I see Coral Breeze Tours does cave tubing and zip lines, but it is an hour drive each way.  I don't want this to be just a "beach/snorkel" stop since we are doing a lot of that in Cozumel and Roatan.  Does anyone have any other thoughts of a good excursion to take in Belize or ideas for me!?

Thanks in advance.

Does your ship have an excursion to Lamanai? First a boat trip and then you can see a Mayan pyramid. This area has not been excavated as much as many others so there is really a feel of how the explorers first found it.

It was more impressive than one that has already been “tweaked”

Happy planning

Rosalyn

6 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Do the cave tubing. 

You will likely find this excursion mentioned a lot as it’s unique to the Belize stop.  It is a neat experience. We did it years ago. Yes it’s about 50 minute drive or longer if you go on the ship tour bus. The tour companies are well aware of when you are due back to the port to get on your ship. Belize is a tender port so it takes a bit longer to get to the port & get back. The ship & the tender crew will tell you the time of the last tender departure back to the ship. 

As to the Zoo, I think it is even farther away than an hour’s drive. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2024 at 9:36 AM, crewsweeper said:

Do the cave tubing. 

I agree.  We did it several years ago and I am seriously considering doing it again.  I think that we used Butts Up Cave Tubing.  It also included a stop at Amigos for lunch.  Very good tour.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...