Saint Greg's Carnival Spirit 8-Day Bahamas - LIVE - February 17, 2024

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

It’s really windy up top.

but down here in the covered areas it’s not bad.

IMG_2884.thumb.jpeg.dc391dbf7c8295a46c8305be63075e52.jpeg

IMG_2887.thumb.jpeg.bd7ad77d6e89d616c083394f9330ba42.jpeg

IMG_2888.thumb.jpeg.f4feb175a88ff4370ad8c5de1a824e80.jpeg

We thought having Serenity in the back was smart when we were on Pride.  Not as windy and easy access.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

We thought having Serenity in the back was smart when we were on Pride.  Not as windy and easy access.

Yeah they have it back here on splendor as well but they also have the pizza back there so on that ship it’s a weird split deal. Double sided bar but I found the bartender hung out on the non-serenity side mostly. I like this setup better.

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

But now people are camped out in the buffet so when it comes time To eat, good luck finding a seat if you don’t already have one.

Just bring it over to the Serenity Bar. 🤫

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Just bring it over to the Serenity Bar. 🤫

Assuming you want to eat out there. There’s a reason the buffet is full.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I’m pretty sure this is the only port I’ve ever had canceled.

I've only missed one in 12 cruises and it was Grand Cayman back in 2018. 

Funny thing is it's almost like the captain has to actually arrive at the anchorage before he can call it off. We were slowed to 3 knots and then he arrived at the anchorage and did a 180 and brought it up to 16 knots and then the announcement. Canceled 😞 

I think most knew it was canceled from the other 2 ships ahead of us who did the same thing! 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Roscoe13 said:

Funny thing is it's almost like the captain has to actually arrive at the anchorage before he can call it off. We were slowed to 3 knots and then he arrived at the anchorage and did a 180 and brought it up to 16 knots and then the announcement. Canceled 😞 

I think most knew it was canceled from the other 2 ships ahead of us who did the same thing! 

We must’ve gotten real close because we were 14 miles out before I requested a breakfast table and the cancelation came…an hour and a half later.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Roscoe13 said:

Same!  Many years ago that happened to us.

• Like 4

I have pros and cons about Spirit Class vs Conquest Class.  

Pools/Lido Area-Conquest wins with having the main pool with the elevated seating and the back pool has the tables in the back area.  Spirit, that pool by the smoking area seems like well it was the smokers pool every time we sailed.

Promenade-I like Conquest Deck 5 better and where Alchemy is but Spirit wins with the seating areas on 3 and the MDR location in the back instead of in the middle then realizing you have to go upstairs to walk to the back of the ship.  

When we were on the Pride we had an aft cabin-6279-best cabin and location ever!  My DH would run up the stairs to get me coffee at the Java Blue on Lido instead of having to go to the front.

• Like 5

15 cruises total...

Cruise #1 - missed Key West

Cruise #8 - rerouted to Bahamas instead of W Caribbean due to a hurricane

Cruise #11 - Missed Grand Turk

Cruise #14 - Missed Grand Turk

Still have not visited Grand Turk yet...  maybe third try will be the charm.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, WhiteOptima said:

Pools/Lido Area-Conquest wins with having the main pool with the elevated seating and the back pool has the tables in the back area.  Spirit, that pool by the smoking area seems like well it was the smokers pool every time we sailed.

Promenade-I like Conquest Deck 5 better and where Alchemy is but Spirit wins with the seating areas on 3 and the MDR location in the back instead of in the middle then realizing you have to go upstairs to walk to the back of the ship.  

When we were on the Pride we had an aft cabin-6279-best cabin and location ever!  My DH would run up the stairs to get me coffee at the Java Blue on Lido instead of having to go to the front.

They’re very kind to smokers on this ship compared

to others.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, WhiteOptima said:

I think the biggest pro is your DH running the stairs for you. Nice!!

• Like 4