Todays CCL Stock Price is down

mcrcruiser

4 minutes ago, Gigi1977 said:

Yes.  I bought mine when it was almost $60. per share…..but every time I cruise I get 100 to 250 OBC.  

We own 200 shares now  .just wondering what the sentiment is toward the stock price now 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

We own 200 shares now  .just wondering what the sentiment is toward the stock price now 

We do too!   Second group bought at much lower rate in 2021.  

5 minutes ago, chisoxfan said:

Yes buy it and sell it immediately. It is cheap because they are drowning in debt with liquidity drying up and high interest rates- but all of us like OBC.

That is not the reason the stock price is down .more like the inflation rate & the latest report that consumers are spending less than prior months . This may have a negative impact on cruises but when I say that the reports say record breaking bookings  .So go figure

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

That is not the reason the stock price is down .more like the inflation rate & the latest report that consumers are spending less than prior months . This may have a negative impact on cruises but when I say that the reports say record breaking bookings  .So go figure

They have over 30b debt and equity is under 7b so I think debt is their problem. Anyway commenting to original poster why would you buy this stock long term for a small OBC. Buy it, record in account   and sell it and you get your OBC without rolling the dice on this one. JMHO

• Like 1

Stocks tend to be priced to market within minutes of things that impact them becoming known.  All of CCLs debt, the economy, demand, ships on order....is all factored into the stock price.  At $15 a share, a $1500 investment (100 shares) may go up or down.  I consider it a stock that will pay me a $250 payout each time a take a 14 day plus cruise, and a $100 for a 7 day.  Oh, yeah.....tax free on Shareholder benefits...since they are non-refundable.  

Since I cruise at least twice a year, and usually for one cruise at least two weeks long, thats $350 a year.  I think of it as a bank account that pays (assuming $15 a share buying in) 23% a year in tax free interest.

Oh yeah, I bought the stock at about $10 a share.***  If I sell, I'll have to pay capital gains tax on it.....

Based on what I see on the ships, people are cruising, and I think things will make a comeback in the next few years as well.  

*** That means I am getting a 35% return.  JMHO.

Edited by CNSJ
typos
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, CNSJ said:

Oh yeah, I bought the stock at about $10 a share.***  If I sell, I'll have to pay capital gains tax on it.....

Based on what I see on the ships, people are cruising, and I think things will make a comeback in the next few years as well.  

*** That means I am getting a 35% return.  JMHO.

I never thought I would ever own 100 shares to get the OBC but back in 2020 it dropped to 8 something a share. I got some then and have slowly built it up to 100 shares. I am quite content with my purchase. I’m not a big player in the stock market. I usually spend $20 per month and just buy what I want, it’s my play money. I’m willing to hold the shares long term. I believe CCL will bounce back but even if they go under I don’t feel like I’ve lost anything with the OBC you get. 

Edited to add that I looked and my average cost is $10.90 per share. 

Edited by bajae
  • Like 2

The tide comes in ...the tide goes out.  Stocks go up, stocks go down.

100 shares for $1400?  go on 6 cruises of 14 days and get $1500 back....overall a good deal seems to me but i am also very good at picking stocks that seem to go down more than up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

Would you buy CCL stock at this price in the $14.80s range to get the CCL on board credit for your cruises ?

At the current debt to equity ratio, if I suggested buying Carnival stock, to my financial advisor, he would fall off the chair laughing.

Purchasing 100 shares is a small amount of money, but I don't make investment decisions based on cruising, especially cruising on Carnival brands. A few months ago, I noted it was down to about $11 and I wasn't interested. If/when it drops below $5, I may take a gamble. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

At the current debt to equity ratio, if I suggested buying Carnival stock, to my financial advisor, he would fall off the chair laughing.

If you're buying it with your retirement on the line, you're doing it wrong. If you're buying it for immediate tax-free money, you're doing it right.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Purchasing 100 shares is a small amount of money, but I don't make investment decisions based on cruising, especially cruising on Carnival brands. A few months ago, I noted it was down to about $11 and I wasn't interested. If/when it drops below $5, I may take a gamble. 

If u can buy at $5 a share and do two cruises of 14 days u are back to even and still own the shares...not much of a gamble.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, chisoxfan said:

They have over 30b debt and equity is under 7b so I think debt is their problem. Anyway commenting to original poster why would you buy this stock long term for a small OBC. Buy it, record in account   and sell it and you get your OBC without rolling the dice on this one. JMHO

I bought it and plan on holding it. Since I take an average of 2 cruises a year the 350 to 500 a year onboard credit for less than 1500-dollar investment seams like a good idea me. 

• Like 2

I first bought my 100 shares of CCL around 15 years ago and I still own it. Prior to the pandemic I was over $1,000 ahead between OBC and the dividends they were paying. When the price dropped, I bought another 200 shares and the OBC I have received since then has covered those purchases. Whatever I get for selling the stock in the future will be acceptable, as all of my costs have been well covered.

• Like 4

I bought mine at about $42 about 8 years ago and at the time we received besides the OBC also a dividend . Last year I bought another 150 stocks at about $11.00  to bring down my average price and all these stocks have now been paid for and more.  

If you cruise a couple of times a year  $ 14.79 to my thinking is a good idea .

8 hours ago, Dutchman48 said:

I bought it and plan on holding it. Since I take an average of 2 cruises a year the 350 to 500 a year onboard credit for less than 1500-dollar investment seams like a good idea me. 

My point was that I get the OBC also without any risk. So in that sense have an infinite ROI. 

The value of CCL is in the eye of the beholder but the question was if it was worth buying (and holding for OBC) and my only comment would be that a stock should be purchased because one believes in the soundness of the business.

Understand that bots preprogrammed with certain algorithms control most of the price fluctuations, this doesn’t generally relate to individual investors buying or selling.

Construed bad news that they react to may or may not actually affect the cruise industry directly.

I’m happy to own 300 shares at these prices, not much downside, I’ll be patient to divest 200 when it gets back to $25-30 some day and continue to squeeze OBC from the last 100.

2 hours ago, foodsvcmgr said:

Understand that bots preprogrammed with certain algorithms control most of the price fluctuations, this doesn’t generally relate to individual investors buying or selling.

Construed bad news that they react to may or may not actually affect the cruise industry directly.

I’m happy to own 300 shares at these prices, not much downside, I’ll be patient to divest 200 when it gets back to $25-30 some day and continue to squeeze OBC from the last 100.

Yes we do agree that the movement in the price  is in  algorithms  . you make a good point  & I agree that unless the roof falls in this stock will be back in the mid $20s one day as the corporation gets that debt down 

Before 2020, the stock price was too high for me to consider doing this 

As the price dropped,  I bought my 100 shares and paid for my daughter to also have her 100 shares

I know that these will pay for themselves in my lifetime of cruising 

Ps. I did the same for royal. Those have tripled since the 2020 low ( could never buy them at this price )

And yes, my financial advisor told me not to do it 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HappyInVan said:

He's discussing it as an investment. BTW, he's also a ship's master.

Yes, but that's not the point of the thread. The OP's question is whether you'd buy it for the OBC, not as a long-term investment for retirement, or whatever.

And what does being a ship's master have anything to do with it?

• Like 2