Luxardo Cherries

you can!

in a factory sealed jar.

if you feel you can't live without them and you're willing to put up with a lot of questions and snickering and pointing and requests to taste one and also if you're ready to deal with the sticky residue on your fingers and your purse or backpack or whatever.

you technically are not able to bring any leftover back into most ports once you disembark.

i love me some luxardo cherries, but i would just do without for seven or twelve or fifteen days.

seems like a lot of effort for very little reward.

and just think how wonderful those cherries will taste when you've returned home after you've been deprived during your holiday.

luxardo cherries are super premium maraschino cherries soaked in marasca cherry syrup and used in craft cocktails. "luxardo" is the brand; the cherries are made in italy and run about $23 for a 14 ounce jar (400 grams).

also: no artificial ingredients, gluten-free, non-GMO, kosher and vegan.

Edited by UKstages
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, cjacruiser said:

Simple question: Can I bring my own Luxardo cherries for my old fashioned? 

But why? Traverse City Whiskey Co, Premium Cocktail Cherries, harvest up north, Michigan, USA!  That’s old-fashioned, and by better. 

• Like 1

If you book a Haven room on a ship with a private Haven bar, they have brandy soaked cherries there and will soak and create their own infusions for you if you ask nicely. One of the many reasons we sail in the Haven when we can afford it.

On 2/17/2024 at 8:02 PM, UKstages said:

luxardo cherries are super premium maraschino cherries soaked in marasca cherry syrup and used in craft cocktails. "luxardo" is the brand; the cherries are made in italy and run about $23 for a 14 ounce jar (400 grams).

also: no artificial ingredients, gluten-free, non-GMO, kosher and vegan.

Annnd, having just spent some time in Italy last fall, and on the Viva… everything made in Italy is better! It’s true!

You can get them on Amazon for $21 free shipping.

The reason they are pricey is because they use Marasca cherries which can only grow in northern Italy. 

I think they are nasty. Beyond olives or a lime I do not like any fruits or vegetables in my drink.