Formal dress nights

LLOM

Some of my family are going on the infinity at the end of February, it’s been a few years since we sailed celebrity and cannot remember how formal the dress code was , can anyone who has been on it recently enlighten us please .

thank you 

Most cruises will have between 1-3 Chic nights.

EVENING CHIC

Each itinerary features one to two “formal” nights we call Evening Chic. Evening Chic means you dress to impress, glamorous and sophisticated in your own way, with a cocktail dress, skirt, slacks, or designer jean, an elegant dress top or blazer—some guests even pack a tuxedo or gown for onboard photos. The Daily program, delivered to your stateroom and available at the Guest Relations Desk, will be your guide to the correct attire each evening. If you do not wish to participate in Evening Chic, Smart Casual attire is acceptable for dining and theater.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/onboard-dress-code

11 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

It is rather relaxed.  We wore smart casual for Evening Chic nights.  There will be some that wear tuxes and suits,  but not many anymore ...

Agree with this …..we have been on a few Celebrity cruises, the last one being Silhouette in October. I would say it was more smart casual. We are on Infinity mid March and will be wearing smart casual for the Evening chic evenings. 

58 minutes ago, LLOM said:

Some of my family are going on the infinity at the end of February, it’s been a few years since we sailed celebrity and cannot remember how formal the dress code was , can anyone who has been on it recently enlighten us please .

thank you 

Sadly, formal formal nights are going away.  We saw a few tuxes on our last X cruise.  I used to love dressing for formal night, but after being an Elks officer for 7 years having to wear a suit for 3 meetings and a tux for 1 meeting a month, I enjoyed being dressed up casual with no tux or suits.

Thank you to every one who has replied , it does seem to be now on a lot of the cruise lines that the formal night attire i.e tux has been replaced with smart casual now and I agree with ScottC4746 that I too use to like dressing for the formal nights but hey ho we move on and thankfully are still able to cruise and enjoy them.

thank you all 

I agree with you mahasamatman  and I still do occasionally depending on the cruise line, but there are increasingly more and more dropping the formal and adopting a more casual approach and that’s ok if that is what makes them feel more comfortable to enjoy their holidays, on the other hand I feel uncomfortable  being in the minority in a long dress or even a cocktail dress , I just like to blend in ! , being of a certain age I do miss seeing the men in their tux and ladies in their finery but again I reiterate we feel lucky to be able to continue cruising.
Good health and happy cruising to all