The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday February 18th, 2024

kazu

Good Afternoon Everyone,

It has been a while since I posted.  We have been busy helping with the Grands and our aging folks.  A month after my Dad passed last fall, FIL ended up in hospital, then rehab and now assisted living (he caught Covid, weird how it was the first time since the pandemic that he got it)  The Covid knocked him for a loop, but overall he is doing much better, except for the dementia.  The nice thing with the assisted living facility, it also has independent apartments on the other side where my Mom resides (has been there 5 years now).  Then Uncle Bill who will be 90 moved in in January to the independent apartment down the hall from Mom!  I think our family is taking over the place, but it is nice to have them all in the same vicinity!

I will wait until Wednesday to make Clam Chowder,  our church has a soup supper that evening and hubby always wants me to make my Clam Chowder!  I will use the crockpot for it though.  Makes it easy to transport!

Yesterday, was an exciting day.  We bought a new car!  First time in my life I have purchased a new car, all the others have been used.   Our criteria was all wheel drive, easy to get in and out of for our elderly family members, easy access to cargo area for walker and wheelchair loading.  It is a Toyota Rav4!  A friend has one and we drove to an event 5 hours away a couple of weeks ago, she had me drive so I really got a good idea if this would work for us.

We are already planning a road trip to see the Redwoods in California, all these years I have never seen them, have decided it is time too!

Prayers to all who are need of them,

My tulips are coming up so I know spring is coming and that makes me smile, even with the snowflakes this morning!

Denise

• Like 21

3 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Safe travels.

Thank you!

3 hours ago, kazu said:

Hope you have very smooth and safe travels, Debbie 🙂 

So far it has been pretty smooth.  

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

Rough landing! The whole plane clapped with our tires hit down. The captain didn’t warn us.

I'm hoping ours will be a little smoother.  54 minutes to go.

• Like 12

Thank you Rich, Jacqui, Vanessa, Paul/Dixie, Eva, Laura, and Graham.  I'm glad the Cow Milked in the Sky was a once and done, will pass on the wine but thankful for batteries.

I like the quote but only to a point and have not been to Marmaris.  I'll celebrate the two literary days in history but not so sure about the others.  I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Peach, Orange, and Pear Delight, Master Chef Rudi's Salad, and Duck Breast a l'Orange as served on MS Zaandam February 18, 2012.

It's been a hectic day today with my first time on AV with the new church system ;and first time at all at the video controls rather than running the companion slides.  I made a number of mistakes but recovered fairly quickly and avoided disaster.  We have an interim pastor so that added a bit to the complexities as well as some problems with the sound system.  The last of our regular team members gets his first time in the hot seat next week.

A very cold morning but I was out only briefly for a walk inside out mall and then to the church and back.

Good news on Baby Murphy and best wishes for @CrabbyPatti.   Have looked at but not absorbed most of today's posts.

Roy

• Like 17

4 hours ago, dfish said:

Greetings from the San Diego airport.  It is our turn to wait for our flights.  We should start boarding in about 20 minutes.  Hopefully it will be a smooth flight.  

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

Safe travels.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I have a sunset today rather than a sunrise.  It's from my 2016 Crystal Symphony cruise from Buenos Aires to Miami.  February 18 was a sea day from Arica to Pisco:

dusk0218.jpg

Roy

Beautiful picture - you picked a good one to share. Thanks!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

DD sent pictures of where she works in Gander (the ATC centre)  The door was completely blocked after the storm.  (Fortunately not the main door!)

IMG_3338.jpg.d17c325172ad47069822d09bc3b3a91c.jpg

IMG_3336.jpg.c6e96d8cbe170a7e53e0ed0929e27cab.jpg

Poor Newfoundland! I haven’t been there for years but my dad was born there and it is a wonderful place, just not in winter

• Like 6

13 hours ago, summer slope said:

Sorry for posting the drink Paul. Wasn’t sure when I asked you to finish. Thank you so much for your help. 

Not to worry. Today was the last day on the list you gave me, and I wasn't sure whether you'd be able to post.

• Like 4