If you have both the key and ultimate dining package should you skip the embarkation lunch in the dining room?

First time Royal cruiser and will be on Mariner of the Seas and I have both the key and the ultimate dining package. From my research I’ve heard mixed reviews on the key embarkation lunch in the dining room. It appears that Jamie’s Italian will also be open for lunch on embarkation day, would it be better to try and eat lunch there instead?

Your choice.    Maybe do the lunch in the MDR then stop at Jamies for desert.

With the UDP it usually best to write down your dining preferences before you board.   Once onboard go to any of the specialty restaurants and make your reservations as preferred times tend to fill up fast.    

You can book the whole week for various restaurants all at the same place.  You do not have to visit each one individually to book.   

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Do you really need the key at that point if you're skipping one of the most bang for buck perks of the key?

Fair point but it was only 35 dollars more than the internet I was already planning to get and I think I get enough value out of the other benefits.