Transfer Reservation to Travel Agent Timeline

Mrbp1

In the past, I was able to transfer a reservation over to a travel agent even after making final payment. That is not the case anymore. Per the Celebrity web page to transfer the reservation:

Bookings originally booked through our direct channels (ie; Web, Onboard, Consumer Outreach) may only be transferred to a Travel Agent up until 30 days from creation if the request is made outside of Final Payment period and the booking is not paid in full.

Just something to be aware of when making your reservations.

I don’t recall transferring to a TA after final payment being an option since we started cruising with Celebrity.

The relatively recent change is that you now have just 30 days from booking a cruise to transfer it, previously it was 60 days.

I transferred my booking to my TA over a month ago and she still waiting for it ..she has phoned them three times and they keep telling her it could be another two weeks… this was never the case with past cruises… what’s going on ? Wondering if this is happening to anyone else .. seems strange to me.

11 minutes ago, Macdl said:

I transferred my booking to my TA over a month ago and she still waiting for it ..she has phoned them three times and they keep telling her it could be another two weeks… this was never the case with past cruises… what’s going on ? Wondering if this is happening to anyone else .. seems strange to me.

That's not right. It's an automated process that should complete the same day. Did you get the confirmation email and use the correct phone number for the TA?

I would call Celebrity and get the matter resolved. Sometimes the reservation gets locked, and nothing happens until someone unlocks it. A TA cannot do anything until it transfers.

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

I have transferred 2 in the past month and as @Jeremiah1212 said both have been processed the same day.

Yes…that’s what happened in the past … but this one is taking forever… the email I got from Celebrity said it was received and 5-7 days to be processed…still waiting a month later … TA phoned 3 times they told her she would get an email but could take up to 10 days ..same response on all three calls …I called they told me they couldn’t check as it was in the hands of TA..when I log into my celebrity account I have reservation number etc and have added excursions etc to my cruise …. So I am booked but feel like no one really owns my booking .

1 hour ago, Macdl said:

Yes…that’s what happened in the past … but this one is taking forever… the email I got from Celebrity said it was received and 5-7 days to be processed…still waiting a month later … TA phoned 3 times they told her she would get an email but could take up to 10 days ..same response on all three calls …I called they told me they couldn’t check as it was in the hands of TA..when I log into my celebrity account I have reservation number etc and have added excursions etc to my cruise …. So I am booked but feel like no one really owns my booking .

When you look at Manage Reservations can you see any of the financials, cost, balance due?  When a reservation transfers to a TA that info is no longer visible.  So if you can see them X still has the reservation, if not it has been transferred. 

42 minutes ago, jelayne said:

When you look at Manage Reservations can you see any of the financials, cost, balance due?  When a reservation transfers to a TA that info is no longer visible.  So if you can see them X still has the reservation, if not it has been transferred. 

It’s still showing the financials …so I guess they still have it …I will try making another phone call tomorrow..my TA is on holidays but since I transferred it to my TA it’s hard to get anyone to talk to me they just tell me to go though my TA…

thanks for responding..I do appreciate your time

I purchased a future booking certificate and left it with Celebrity.  I was told that I would have 30 days after booking a cruise to transfer it to a TA.  WRONG.  I booked a cruise and found a TA I wanted to transfer to.  Used the transfer form and it was denied because it was  beyond the 30 days of purchasing the certificate.  

The right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing.  Typical with Celebrity.

If I ever purchase another (doubt that I will as I just got off of a MSC cruise in the YC that puts Celebrity to shame), I will get it in writing signed by the Future Cruise salesperson.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

18 minutes ago, miched said:

I purchased a future booking certificate and left it with Celebrity.  I was told that I would have 30 days after booking a cruise to transfer it to a TA.  WRONG.  I booked a cruise and found a TA I wanted to transfer to.  Used the transfer form and it was denied because it was  beyond the 30 days of purchasing the certificate.  

The right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing.  Typical with Celebrity.

If I ever purchase another (doubt that I will as I just got off of a MSC cruise in the YC that puts Celebrity to shame), I will get it in writing signed by the Future Cruise salesperson.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

They really need to include this info on the Book Later form. It is correct that the cruise booking date is the date you purchased the certificate which begins the 30 day period you have to complete the transfer.