Booking Thomas Keller rest?

I’m sure this has been asked before, but there doesn’t seem to be a “ search for topic” facility on CC forum?  We start our cruise on 2 March on Encore and have the Source app but when I click on TK under dining it doesn’t offer a booking option? Will I just be given a slot or am I missing something?

You need to make reservations on the website, not the app. Or call! At this point, I'd guess the limited number of reservations available to be made prior to embarkation may be gone. If so, you can make your reservation on board.

1 hour ago, Northernroots said:

there doesn’t seem to be a “ search for topic” facility on CC forum?

Northernroots, the search function link is the magnifying glass icon at the top right of the page on my laptop and smart phone. There are options to search by topic, title, date, etc. The search function does always return the info you want,and Earthtones and Techno123 answered quickly.

2 hours ago, Northernroots said:

I’m sure this has been asked before, but there doesn’t seem to be a “ search for topic” facility on CC forum? 

Others have answered your question about making a reservation at the Grill by Thomas Keller.

I agree that the CC search feature is not very intuitive.  To search, click on the magnifying glass near the upper right of the CC page you are on.  Then select "Topics" under Content Type and below that select the specific board on CC you want to search using the drop-down menu under Cruise Critic Community.  Here is an example of what I'm talking about:

FireShotCapture517-AdvancedSearch-CruiseCriticCommunity-boards.cruisecritic_com.thumb.png.b4feab790e9d823594bf24b91119f00b.png

Fair winds and following seas!  🛳️

Many thanks for all your responses.  Certainly we’ve missed the 15 day online booking window so that answers that.  Answers re search function on CC very helpful as I’m looking for some feedback on excursions. Thankyou all 😁👍

2 hours ago, artlee said:

We will be on Quest shortly and they have Solis instead of Keller. What is the scoop on why Seabourn is changing the restaurant?

Because many people, not all, were tired of the repeated menus from TK and wanted change. Also the TK contract was ending and since it soaked up a lot of budget from F&B it probably impacted other restaurants budgets. The last comment is speculation on my part. I am one glad of the change as I liked the ambience in TK but was bored with the menu as we sail frequently.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, frantic36 said:

Because many people, not all, were tired of the repeated menus from TK and wanted change. Also the TK contract was ending and since it soaked up a lot of budget from F&B it probably impacted other restaurants budgets. The last comment is speculation on my part. I am one glad of the change as I liked the ambience in TK but was bored with the menu as we sail frequently.

While we agree that the menu needed a major update, we do think that Chef Keller could have easily assisted in such a venture.  I do hope that the change to Solis is not an excuse to lower quality.

Hank

• Like 3

On 2/23/2024 at 6:41 PM, frantic36 said:

I am one glad of the change as I liked the ambience in TK but was bored with the menu as we sail frequently.

Agreed.

The TK table crudities of carrot and celery sticks was weak.

The 50's/60's American supper club theme went the way of the Dodo bird and hasn't been seen since for good reasons.

2 minutes ago, christraveller said:

Throwback?  Sure. 

but…

Healthy. 
Nice  feature. 
Count me in with the pro- veggies crowd, along with my dietitian. 

What about the rest of the menu which had a lot of meat and in the case of Lobster Thermidor and even dover sole there was a lot of butter. The lobster Mac & cheese had a lot of cream and depending on the night either a decent amount or very small bits of lobster.

I'm waiting for the reports of the new Solis as I won't get to try it till next year as my next cruises are on Pursuit and Regent Explorer.

I’ll be happy to see the outside deck available for dining.

The TK menu didn’t suit our taste, dishes were very heavy, cream and butter sauces are too rich for us these days.

21 hours ago, frantic36 said:

What about the rest of the menu which had a lot of meat and in the case of Lobster Thermidor and even dover sole there was a lot of butter. The lobster Mac & cheese had a lot of cream and depending on the night either a decent amount or very small bits of lobster.

I'm waiting for the reports of the new Solis as I won't get to try it till next year as my next cruises are on Pursuit and Regent Explorer.

21 hours ago, Joc123 said:

I’ll be happy to see the outside deck available for dining.

The TK menu didn’t suit our taste, dishes were very heavy, cream and butter sauces are too rich for us these days.

Hi Julie. We are on the quest from the 26 April so we will be able to comment then; It really appeals to me but Alf is more of a carnivore!!  Update soon..