TV's on QM2

harveyb1

1 hour ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

We are currently on QM2 and we have a Samsung tv in our balcony cabin.

I'm on too, LG in my room, Samsung in my travel companions (both the same room category). Perhaps some got replaced during the refit. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tjunmin said:

I believe I read in an old thread that the HDMI port at the back of the TVs are not accessible. Is that still accurate?

Mine isn't . Screen mirroring works though if you want to watch your own stuff.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jim_P said:

Mine isn't .

Just to remove any ambiguity, the way I interpreted your reply is that HDMI ports are not accessible at the back of the TV in your cabin/suite.

2 minutes ago, Jim_P said:

Screen mirroring works though if you want to watch your own stuff.

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately currently I have an iPhone and an iPad and I've never managed to  make screen mirroring work on TVs. Many years ago I had a Samsung phone, and back then I was able to do so.

25 minutes ago, tjunmin said:

Just to remove any ambiguity, the way I interpreted your reply is that HDMI ports are not accessible at the back of the TV in your cabin/suite.

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately currently I have an iPhone and an iPad and I've never managed to  make screen mirroring work on TVs. Many years ago I had a Samsung phone, and back then I was able to do so.

Maybe your cabin steward can help or Purser’s desk. They probably know because they probably get asked a lot. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tjunmin said:

Yes, the way it's mounted flat against the wall makes any other HDMI on the TV other than the one wired to the ship inaccessible. There is however two USB ports you could (with some difficulty) get to. Whether they'd work is a different matter as hitting the "source " button doesn't have any option for USB.

Edited by Jim_P
  • Thanks 1

I used the wall mounted Samsung to view some photos on an SD card in a USB card reader.

I can't remember what source was shown for that. But it did work. Presumably if you had a video on a USB key that would play.

edit to add: The USB was accessed from the right of the TV. There wasn't much space between TV and wall to reach in and plug in the USB.

Edited by D&N
  • Thanks 1

I usually take a couple of films/TV Series on a USB stick, these were a godsend when we were quarantined for Covid on our Northern Lights cruise. The USB ports are accessible, but it is very fiddly as stated above, and it's best to have one of the longer types to help slotting it into the port, you'll struggle with one of the mini types, depending on the size of your hands

On 2/20/2024 at 11:31 PM, harveyb1 said:

Hi Everyone,  Does anyone know what brand of TV's are currently in Britannia balcony staterooms on the Queen Mary 2? Thanks..

Never turned it on (apart from safety briefing) in 21 days - too busy.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

These were the channels last June 

20230621_125757~2.jpg

Thank you for the information. I see that you are from Vale, what a beautiful area. We were going to spend a week in the Cotswolds and your area this fall and had to change our plans.

• Like 2

On 2/25/2024 at 1:08 PM, Jim_P said:

Mine isn't . Screen mirroring works though if you want to watch your own stuff.

Wondering if you would be able to share how you achieved the screen mirroring?  I will have my iPad so I am hoping you did it from one of those.  Otherwise… never mind!  Haha

4 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

Wondering if you would be able to share how you achieved the screen mirroring?  I will have my iPad so I am hoping you did it from one of those.  Otherwise… never mind!  Haha

I did it from a Samsung tablet, but you should be able to do it using airplay from an ipad (if not, Im pretty sure there is an Ipad app specifically for mirroring with samsung TVs).

You just press the "source" button on the TV remote, and then select "screen mirroring". Then the TV will wait for you to connect a device. On my samsung tablet it was the "smart view" app, on an Apple it would be airplay or a screen mirroring app. Then once they're connected if you start a video on your device it will play through the TV instead. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jim_P said:

I did it from a Samsung tablet, but you should be able to do it using airplay from an ipad (if not, Im pretty sure there is an Ipad app specifically for mirroring with samsung TVs).

You just press the "source" button on the TV remote, and then select "screen mirroring". Then the TV will wait for you to connect a device. On my samsung tablet it was the "smart view" app, on an Apple it would be airplay or a screen mirroring app. Then once they're connected if you start a video on your device it will play through the TV instead. 

Thank you so much!  I really appreciate you taking the time to explain.

• Like 1