Airline Check In Desks At Barcelona Port Terminal

sasset

I posted this on Ports of Call Board but I know that everyone doesn't read over there very often.

I read that there are airline check in desks in the Barcelona Cruise Terminal where you can check in for your flight and check your baggage to the airport. It is offered during the cruise season which at the time of the article was listed as May to October. With the Spring season starting in April and with Barcelona being the primary Mediterranean cruise port does anyone have current information if the service is available for April cruise arrivals? The email address in the article was no longer valid.

Edited by sasset
clarification

I was looking for an answer for you and found an article from 10/23/23 that said cruise ships will no longer be docking at the World Trade Center Terminal which is right at the heart of Barcelona.  
They will be docking at the terminal farthest from the city, roughly a 30 minute walk.  The ships will now dock at Terminal B Moll d Adossat.  So be sure any info you get is for that terminal to and not the World Trade Center Terminal.  

Thanks for that. The original thing I read mentioned the Intermodal lobby Terminal 1. Which terminal would that be?

I found a phone number and will call them in the the morning.

Thanks. I guess they wouldn't need airport check in if there are no cruise passengers, so it makes sense that the Airport check in would have moved with the ships.

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

They will be docking at the terminal farthest from the city, roughly a 30 minute walk. The ships will now dock at Terminal B Moll d Adossat.

I don't know what the uproar is all about. We used this "new" terminal in 2021 and it was just fine.

Edited by mahasamatman

2 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

I don't know what the uproar is all about. We used this "new" terminal in 2021 and it was just fine.

We first used it in 2004!  I think only very small cruise ships docked down town

8 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

The "new" Moll d'Adossat terminal has been in use for years by most large cruise ships.  While it is not an easy walk, there are shuttle busses available. I'm not sure where the "30 minute walk" is measured from - Pl Catalunia maybe ??  If you use Google Maps, you can easily see both terminals.

If there´s is an airline check-in at the cruise terminals at Moll Adossat it must be a new thing. I´ve cruised out of Barcelona for years and there never was anything like that. There´s a company called Bag and Go which transports your bags to the airport where you have to collect them.

Moll Adosssat is the terminal for big cruise ships and the terminals have letters from A to F. World Trade Center is the other terminal which was only for two ships and is now "banned". There you could easily walk to the Columbus column. From Moll Adossat there´s a shuttle bus (3.50 Euro single ride) and yes, it it quite a long walk depending at which terminal you dock. I´ve done it a few times and it can be up to 30 min or more.

steamboats