Shore Excursions Do You Get A Confirmation Email?

cruisingaussies

I booked two shorex through the website on16 January, for our 01 March departure.  On checking today, there is no record of any excursions being booked, so I've booked them again.

Does Azamara send an email confirmation?  Other cruise lines, Celebrity for example, do.  

I've taken screen shots but because of the limitations of their website I can't get all the details.

We have OBC that we want to use for payment.

Edited by Host Jazzbeau
title was ALL CAPS

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Shore Excursions Do You Get A Confirmation Email?

After you book the excursion on line, make sure you click save. Then you need to phone Azamara (I believe within 48 hours of booking) if you want to apply your OBC to pay for the excursion, or it will be cancelled. Some people have reported lately that they have a button above excursions which allows you to pay with OBC online, however that hasn’t shown up on my account. When I called to pay with the OBC, it was handled very quickly, and they sent me an updated confirmation.

• Like 3

Once paid for all confirmations go to your travel agent (well they do in the UK) even though it’s a separate transaction you pay for with your credit card. I do not like this new way of operating at all 

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Once paid for all confirmations go to your travel agent (well they do in the UK) even though it’s a separate transaction you pay for with your credit card. I do not like this new way of operating at all 

When I booked an airport transfer online (which subsequently turned out to be not payable with OBC) I got a call from my TA.  I think they had been billed by Azamara for this addition.  In the end I cancelled it until we were onboard and could use OBC, but it may be worth discussing with your TA what might happen in similar circumstances with excursions, and how you keep them within the overall UK package holiday regulations.  I suspect that they are automatically included and it's not an 'additional transaction', instead just an amendment to the holiday requiring an additional payment.  Hence the reason for notification to the TA, as they are potentially 'on the hook' for your full holiday if things go wrong.

55 minutes ago, fruitmachine said:

When I booked an airport transfer online (which subsequently turned out to be not payable with OBC) I got a call from my TA.  I think they had been billed by Azamara for this addition.  In the end I cancelled it until we were onboard and could use OBC, but it may be worth discussing with your TA what might happen in similar circumstances with excursions, and how you keep them within the overall UK package holiday regulations.  I suspect that they are automatically included and it's not an 'additional transaction', instead just an amendment to the holiday requiring an additional payment.  Hence the reason for notification to the TA, as they are potentially 'on the hook' for your full holiday if things go wrong.

But my problem is now I went to pay for the excursions Azamara provided an online link for this. My cruise is in four weeks time and is fully paid for by us but the agent hasn’t yet paid Azamara- quite normal I believe. However it won’t let me pay for the excursions it wants a payment for £14k reflecting the cruise cost as well 

Tricky to sort out when you’re on a ship but the onboard staff are inexperienced/temporary cover 

Edited by uktog

3 minutes ago, uktog said:

But my problem is now I went to pay for the excursions Azamara provided an online link for this. My cruise is in four weeks time and is fully paid for by us but the agent hasn’t yet paid Azamara- quite normal I believe. However it won’t let me pay for the excursions it wants a payment for £14k reflecting the cruise cost as well 

Tricky to sort out when you’re on a ship but the onboard staff are inexperienced/temporary cover 

Ahhh ... as you say, quite normal in the UK, probably especially so for at least one of the big agents that hold the funds in escrow until after your return so that they can offer a cast-iron refund guarantee.

Can you message your TA and see if they can be billed by Azamara for the unpaid excursions, so you could then pay the TA like the rest of the cruise?

• Like 1

On 2/21/2024 at 11:51 PM, Mrs.Dukes said:

After you book the excursion on line, make sure you click save. Then you need to phone Azamara (I believe within 48 hours of booking) if you want to apply your OBC to pay for the excursion, or it will be cancelled. Some people have reported lately that they have a button above excursions which allows you to pay with OBC online, however that hasn’t shown up on my account. When I called to pay with the OBC, it was handled very quickly, and they sent me an updated confirmation.

Thank you so much. I called Azamara and got on to a super helpful agent in the US. It took 45 minutes but she confirmed our shore excursions, paid for with our OBC. It’s ridiculous that some of us can’t do this through Azamara’s website (I don’t have that button either).  Yet another failure of the still utterly rubbish website, I dread having anything to do with it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fruitmachine said:

Ahhh ... as you say, quite normal in the UK, probably especially so for at least one of the big agents that hold the funds in escrow until after your return so that they can offer a cast-iron refund guarantee.

Can you message your TA and see if they can be billed by Azamara for the unpaid excursions, so you could then pay the TA like the rest of the cruise?

I feel so bad dumping more work on them which is unnecessary