Sun Princess - mini suite versus cabana mini-suite

rjp50

I'm sure this has been covered elsewhere but the search function on this site is not ideal.  I am looking at a cabana mini-suite on the sphere, but from the deck plan, is it my imagination that the overall square footage of the cabana min-suites and the regular mini-suites are the same?  Just that the cabana mini-suites just have an extra set of doors that break up the room?  If so, what, if any, is the advantage of a cabana mini-suite?  Maybe that the cabana area has a second TV?

Have you looked closely at the Princess Web Site, and information on the accommodations on the new ship?   The deck plans are pretty accurate and to scale in most respects.  When you are looking at the accommodations you can click to see the 'diagram' view, which might also be helpful.

Have you looked at the videos that are out there?

The Cabana Mini-Suite is said to be, overall, slightly bigger than a regular mini...   329sqf -  303sqf.

The layout is different.   less visible and usable floor space in the inside cabin of the Cabana Mini's, as the storage/closet  is in the hallway across from the bath...  whereas the storage in the regular mini-suites is in the main area.

The deck-plans show that the interior part of the Cabana Mini is the same length as a Deluxe Balcony.

Assuming a bit wider, as that storage and bath have to both fit into that cabin width at the entry.

So, yes, it seems that you are losing a bit of visible and useable floorspace in the Cabana Mini which is more than made up for with the space of the Cabana.

So, yes, it might come down to preference...  More space in the primary cabin area,  or the cabana space, and access to the Cabana Deck.

I am assuming that you already know that you want one on the Sphere, and definitely NOT one that is actually situated on the open Cabana Deck.   

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Thanks 1

Good catch!  The cabana mini suites are basically a balcony cabin with the cabana sitting area added between the cabin and the balcony.  The cabana has the closets across from the bathroom and the bathroom will be smaller compared to the regular mini suites.  The regular mini suites have a larger bathroom in the entry hall area with a section of closets opposite the desk area. There are 2 TVs in the regular mini suite, also. One in front of the bed.  One in front of the sofa.  The regular mini suites are the same as the ocean suite on Carnival Mardi Gras.  I have stayed in those cabins twice.  FWIF, I prefer the regular minis.    

If the cabana room has a sofa bed, it might enhance the useability of the cabin. Otherwise, I can't see why anyone would want it. You give up space in the main room to have a small add-on room that really doesn't seem to have any useful purpose.

On 2/22/2024 at 10:03 AM, Teechur said:

If the cabana room has a sofa bed, it might enhance the useability of the cabin. Otherwise, I can't see why anyone would want it. You give up space in the main room to have a small add-on room that really doesn't seem to have any useful purpose.

Given the cabana space has a second TV there and doors, I could see it being really useful if a couple or friends are in the room and don't both go to bed at the same time. The night owl could be out in the cabana watching TV with less interruption to the sleeper.

2 hours ago, niftrip said:

Given the cabana space has a second TV there and doors, I could see it being really useful if a couple or friends are in the room and don't both go to bed at the same time. The night owl could be out in the cabana watching TV with less interruption to the sleeper.

this is one reason I think the cabana will be nice for my wife and I.  I also think that on our next cruise with traveling with friends who we will surely spend time on balconies with the extra sort of outdoor space will be nice.  And it gives my wife, who doesn't do sun much, a way to feel outside on the balcony without having the potentially be in the sun.