How much did you have to bid for an Haven upgrade❓

Ozzieru1e

Haven upgrades will depend on each sailing, how full the haven is or selling. Some here will say they got an upgrade but it really is a lottery. There are only a few haven suites compared to those bidding. 

good luck in your bidding 

Low bid?  For Haven?  That would be a tough get as the Haven usually sells out quickly.  Throw it out there.  Worst that can happen is you don't get it.

Edited by graphicguy

4 hours ago, Ozzieru1e said:

I”m interested in an Haven 2 bedroom inside the Haven complex and was wondering if I have a chance with a low bid.  Have anyone won an Haven upgrade with a low/poor bid Thanks

Lots of things to consider, you might want to do some mock bookings to see how many cabins are left. Low bids usually lose out in the Haven

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ozzieru1e said:

I'm interested in an Haven 2 bedroom inside the Haven complex and was wondering if I have a chance with a low bid.  Have anyone won an Haven upgrade with a low/poor bid Thanks

You can always try. 

On most cruises, the Haven [nearly] sells out to paying customers. It's mostly last minute cancellations that open up rooms for upgrades. In general, the probability of winning a Haven bid is near 0%. 

On a BA/BA+ ship, there are over 1000 staterooms which could bid on Haven rooms (based on how the rooms were booked). 

And your bidding range is totally dependent upon what room you current have booked. For example, I am booked in the Haven and my minimum bid for a 2BR Haven is $200 per person and it only takes a few hundred dollars to get me out of the "poor" range. If you are starting in a Club Balcony, your minimum (and Poor/Fair range) would be higher. And if you are starting in a regular balcony, your bidding range would be even higher. 

Bid what you can afford. 

Enjoy the room that you have!

The 2 bedrooms are the easiest to get usually.  We have won three 2 bedroom bids.  1 pre covid and 2 after.  I always bid low.  Here is a good story.  Last May I bid on a 2 bedroom(we were in a club balcony) for $10 above the minimum.  Within 3 weeks or of the cruise I was informed that my bid was to low and was asked if I wanted to participate in the live auction/bidding for it, I declined.  Low and behold 2 days prior to sailing I was awarded the upgrade with my original $10 above bid.  My guess is that maybe some of the 2 bedrooms were upgraded which opened one up for us.  Or the whole system is BS just looking for more money on my already winning bid. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

You can always try. 

On most cruises, the Haven [nearly] sells out to paying customers. It's mostly last minute cancellations that open up rooms for upgrades. In general, the probability of winning a Haven bid is near 0%. 

On a BA/BA+ ship, there are over 1000 staterooms which could bid on Haven rooms (based on how the rooms were booked). 

And your bidding range is totally dependent upon what room you current have booked. For example, I am booked in the Haven and my minimum bid for a 2BR Haven is $200 per person and it only takes a few hundred dollars to get me out of the "poor" range. If you are starting in a Club Balcony, your minimum (and Poor/Fair range) would be higher. And if you are starting in a regular balcony, your bidding range would be even higher. 

Bid what you can afford. 

Enjoy the room that you have!

I’m also booked in the Haven and my minimum bid for a 2BR Haven is $400 pp.  I can bid on a couple of Haven cabins at $200 pp but they are not located inside the Haven complex; and, I only want to be inside the Haven complex.  I’m already spending more than I like to be inside the Haven but I figured a few dollars more is worth a try.  Thanks for sharing!