Today’s Drink Packages Sales… more questions.

My husband and I are interested in the Refreshment Package. We may buy an alcoholic drink or two during our cruise, but we’re mainly interested in the non alcohol ones. 

With the current sale, the price per day per person is $27.99 VS $38 regular price. I know this doesn’t include Gratuities. 

2 Adults $391.86

Gratuities $70.41

TOTAL $462.28

Pre-Cruise Savings of $140.14

Were wondering how much an individual juice, soda, water, non alcohol cocktail, etc costs so we can compare whether the drink package is worth it 

We’ll be on the Aug 25 Symphony out of Cape Liberty, 7 nights to the Bahamas. 

Any info or insight is greatly appreciated! 

If you google Royal Caribbean blog, that site has menus and prices. Should be standar through out the fleet.

IMO, unless you drink mass quantities of soda and specialty coffees, these may not be worth it.But every cruiser is different.

• Like 1

Hi! I know it sounds like a lot when you see the price upfront, but the little things really do add up onboard. A quick look at the menus on the app shows that non alcoholic cocktails are generally about $8 and sodas/juices are $3.50. I didn’t find a menu with water bottles listed, but I seem to remember that they were about $3. Keep in mind that the bars will add an automatic 18% to all of those prices. 

Do the math and decide if it’s worth it for you. Everyone cruises in their own way. 

When I get a drink package, I find a few key benefits. First, I can pre-pay that expense prior to the cruise, rather than get the potentially surprise bill on the las night of the cruise. Second, when I’m on vacation, there is something freeing about not second guessing an order of soda, coffee, etc. Third, with a drink package, you can try interesting mocktails without fear of wasting your money. If you don’t enjoy that drink, you can just order something different. 

Whatever you decide, have a fabulous time!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SeaSprayTB said:

Were wondering how much an individual juice, soda, water, non alcohol cocktail, etc costs so we can compare whether the drink package is worth it 

Break even is usually about 4-5 drinks/day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jetmama1 said:

When I get a drink package, I find a few key benefits. First, I can pre-pay that expense prior to the cruise, rather than get the potentially surprise bill on the las night of the cruise. Second, when I’m on vacation, there is something freeing about not second guessing an order of soda, coffee, etc. Third, with a drink package, you can try interesting mocktails without fear of wasting your money. If you don’t enjoy that drink, you can just order something different. 

Whatever you decide, have a fabulous time!

These two items are great reasons to invest in the package. If you want something to drink, order it without worrying about the cost because it's already paid for. Then, if you don't like what you ordered, don't drink it, don't feel bad about not drinking it and don't feel bad about ordering something different.

Edited by cruiseguy1016
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jetmama1 said:

A quick look at the menus on the app shows that non alcoholic cocktails are generally about $8 and sodas/juices are $3.50. I didn’t find a menu with water bottles listed, but I seem to remember that they were about $3. Keep in mind that the bars will add an automatic 18% to all of those prices. 

These prices are about right, but here's more information to muddy the waters: 

- Milkshakes and protein shakes will run about $8 (plus 18%).  

- You're allowed to bring 12 non-alcoholic beverages on board. You'll see a lot of people carrying a 12-pack of sodas, but you could also bring bottled water, Snapple, or whatever you like.  You're also allowed to bring one bottle of wine.  This is all supposed to be one per cabin, but -- realistically -- the terminal people don't know who's together.

- You can also bring 1-2 sodas (or waters) back from your island stops without difficulty.  

- The water onboard is purified and tastes ... well, like water.  You can bring a refillable water bottle (or a couple empty water bottles) and refill them yourself.  For free. 

- You can order a case of water to your room /it'll be waiting when you arrive.  The price isn't horrible. 

- I'm low-carb, and I don't like to drink my calories, so I bring on those little powdered tubes of drink mix.  My daughter prefers the squirt bottles of liquid drink mix.  Either way, you can bring all you like.  

- If you want an alcoholic cocktail and aren't too fussy, they always offer a drink-of-the-day, which is a couple bucks cheaper.  

- You can buy a bucket of beer at the Pool Bar only; it's kinda like paying for 4 beers /getting 5.  Or if your ship has Playmakers Sports Bar, you can buy a pitcher for ... I forget how much, but it's kinda like paying for 2 beers and getting a pitcher.  

- If you bring nothing onboard and spend nothing on drinks, you won't end up parched.  Without cost, you can always get water, lemonade, fruit punch, tea (iced or hot), coffee.  At breakfast they have milk and juice; and, if you're going to want that later, you can bring some back to your room. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

- If you bring nothing onboard and spend nothing on drinks, you won't end up parched.  Without cost, you can always get water, lemonade, fruit punch, tea (iced or hot), coffee.  At breakfast they have milk and juice; and, if you're going to want that later, you can bring some back to your room. 

Yea I keep looking at those prices and it's $925 for a family of 4 just for drinks. So crazy expensive now days. No one on a land vacation would pay that amount. I will probably end up getting it anyway though. I am going to drink 5 shakes a day along with 10 mocktails to make it worth while 🙂 

• Like 2