Gifts for PCC.

When i made our 1st ever reservation I was assigned a cruise person at NCL.. I stupidly assumed (yea I know) that anytime I would make a reservation I would be assigned that same person if I booked on NCL.com..  Well, guess that ain't how this works..  Is there anyway to make sure a PCC gets some kudos for helping me even though it wasn't assigned to them?  Or what I'd love to do is get them a gift card or something, but no clue how that would work.. I'm just frustrated that I dont know how to assign that person this last cruise I had booked. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, D_And_K_gocruising said:

When i made our 1st ever reservation I was assigned a cruise person at NCL.. I stupidly assumed (yea I know) that anytime I would make a reservation I would be assigned that same person if I booked on NCL.com..  Well, guess that ain't how this works..  Is there anyway to make sure a PCC gets some kudos for helping me even though it wasn't assigned to them?  Or what I'd love to do is get them a gift card or something, but no clue how that would work.. I'm just frustrated that I dont know how to assign that person this last cruise I had booked. 

Why not call your PCC and ask him or her how NCL assigns the agent of record status?

And if it is with the "wrong" ask the PCC who you can speak to about it.

• Like 1

Once you were assigned to a PCC, their name should be on your account, although it could be they are no longer with the company or they may have Ben out that day you called.  My PCC always has a voice message when she is out for any length of time and it gives an alternate PCC who will help yu ou.  My lovely lady was out several weeks for surgery and I did need to speak to her pitch hitter, and she was lovely.  I let my lady know and she said, she already knew we had spoken as her friend updated her frequently on interactions with her clients.   

if you’re u are lucky enough to have found a good PCC,  keep track of her.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Once you were assigned to a PCC, their name should be on your account, although it could be they are no longer with the company or they may have Ben out that day you called.  My PCC always has a voice message when she is out for any length of time and it gives an alternate PCC who will help yu ou.  My lovely lady was out several weeks for surgery and I did need to speak to her pitch hitter, and she was lovely.  I let my lady know and she said, she already knew we had spoken as her friend updated her frequently on interactions with her clients.   

if you’re u are lucky enough to have found a good PCC,  keep track of her.

Yea, I dont know if I have been assigned one.. I see nothing on my account where HIS name may be.  Maybe you could tell me where you see your listed?  

On 2/22/2024 at 2:47 PM, D_And_K_gocruising said:

Gifts? They are working at their job

• Like 2

Yea, I dont know if I have been assigned one.. I see nothing on my account where HIS name may be.  Maybe you could tell me where you see your listed?  

I don’t have it listed anywhere, but if I call into NCLs main line they will say, oh I see VE is your PCC can I transfer you?   We can’t see it but they can.  Call NCL and ask if the person you dealt with is listed as your PCC,  if not ask if that person is still with the company and if so ask for their extension number.  Then call the person and ask that you be assigned as his/her client.  Shouldn’t be difficult, but yu may need to be proactive.

As to gifts;  my PCC works from home and years ago she began sending me Christmas cards,so I have her address.  We have become friends over the years,14 of them now,   She was going through a difficult time and some big surgeries and I sent her flowers.  It was not a problem, but it might be if your person works in a call center and it is something like a gift card.  The best gift is a nice note telling her how pleased you are and asking her to send you her business cards so you can share them with friends.  After each cruise VE sends me a welcome home note and a few business cards enclosed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisinmeme said:

I have had the same PCC forever.

Lucky you I guess?  I used my assigned PCC over the summer to book my cruise, by the time my friend called her to book she had been promoted.  I now have a different PCC, whom I haven't heard from yet, even as a follow-up to my recent cruise.

1 hour ago, FPMoosally said:

{sigh} Gifts? I haven't figured out tips. Now I have to figure out a gift for our PCC?

No, no, no.   This was a gift as a friend of 14 years, not somethng expected  otherwise.   The original questions was, could it be done.  Yes, it can, but I don’t think any PCC would ever expect it

• Like 1

We have always had the same PCC. I always call them up to book my next cruise.

I have not sent a gift, but during the COVID shutdown, I asked my PCC for their manager contact info and then emailed their manager to let them know how amazing and helpful they were. My PCC emailed me later to say their manager shared it with the team and she was rewarded because of it 

I'm a firm believer of always letting people/Managers know when their teams are doing amazing work. Nowadays it's very EASY to complain. Good work deserves to be called out!

• Like 4

I just wanted to add my thoughts about this gift-giving. Something I do a lot is buy "things" from Red Cross, UNHCR and similar "gift shops". I don't know if you have this in US, but what we can do over here is instead of just giving xx$ as "money" we can choose to buy for example measles shots, school books, footballs and lots of other things needed. You get a nice gift card that can either be sent by post or by email. I have done this for many many years and I find that people really appreciate it. It's a "safe" gift that people are happy to accept and not feel awkward over. I know I get super happy when someone gives something like this to me! 

12 hours ago, www3traveler said:

(1) You are not allowed to share PCC information on this site.

(2) Even  if you could reach your PCC, I would doubt that they would be allowed to accept gifts of any kind.

Ok if I call it gratuity would that be  better?  Everyone else I deal with at NCL sure wants them.. And NO I am not expecting people to tip their PCC's.. Ours has just done a lot of extra legwork since when it comes to things like cruises I tend to me a bit obsessive sometimes and they get blasted with emails about certain things, and making sure I didnt miss this or wanting to add that etc etc.. Sure I get it's their job but sometimes you just want to say an extra thanks to people.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, D_And_K_gocruising said:

Sure I get it's their job but sometimes you just want to say an extra thanks to people.

Absolutely! If nothing else, a card or email pointing out how much you appreciate them!

(Or one of thos charity things I wrote about earlier. 😄 )

This in by no way may or may not be fact, but have worked with NCL PCCs and TAs.  It seems there is more than one silo for those contacting NCL to book.  There are indeed PCCs.  I "think" these are the outbound calling folks who contact you directly via phone/e-mail when you look at a booking on the WEB site using your Latitudes number.  Those people seem to be very transient.  That's a tough "cold calling" gig.  Hard to be successful at it and if they probably are successful, they are more than likely promoted.

I know it's happened, but I've yet been able to get a PCC who was assigned to me that has been there more than one booking.  Frankly, sometimes they were no longer "available" a week or two after they did my booking.  Promoted?  Fired?  Quit?  Generally speaking, they don't seem to last very long.

Then, there are the folks you call at NCL after booking.  They tend to be more seasoned in my experience. And, you'll get choices to get help with booking.  If you're a Haven guest, You'll get another rep to help setting up butler duties and reservations.  

That's one of the reasons I go through a TA.  She's been booking me for a decade or more.  She knows my preferences.  She looks out for me (and sometimes protects me from myself when I may make a stupid booking choice).  Plus, she throws me some Benjamins out of her commission. The biggest advantage is I know she'll be there when I need her.

Gifts for a PCC?  If you could find wherever they are located, I guess you can send something to them.  Not sure they'd share their address if they're working from home.  That would be a little creepy to even try.

If they're working from NCL's HQ in FL, I guess you can send something there and hope it reaches them.  But, I wouldn't count on that, either.

How about a "Thank you" and have them book some cruises in the future with them?

Edited by graphicguy

1 minute ago, graphicguy said:

This in by no way may or may not be fact, but have worked with NCL PCCs and TAs.  It seems there is more than one silo for those contacting NCL to book.  There are indeed PCCs.  I "think" these are the outbound calling folks who contact you directly via phone/e-mail when you look at a booking on the WEB site using your Latitudes number.  Those people seem to be very transient.  That's a tough "cold calling" gig.  Hard to be successful at it and if they probably are successful, they are more than likely promoted.

I know it's happened, but I've yet been able to get a PCC who was assigned to me that has been there more than one booking.  Frankly, sometimes they were no longer "available" a week or two after they did my booking.  Promoted?  Fired?  Quit?  Generally speaking, they don't seem to last very long.

Then, there are the folks you call at NCL after booking.  They tend to be more seasoned in my experience. And, you'll get choices to get help with booking.  If you're a Haven guest, You'll get another rep to help setting up butler duties and reservations.  

That's one of the reasons I go through a TA.  She's been booking me for a decade or more.  She knows my preferences.  She looks out for me (and sometimes protects me from myself when I may make a stupid booking choice).  Plus, she throws me some Benjamins out of her commission. The biggest advantage is I know she'll be there when I need her.

Gotcha, I have no clue which one mine is.. I cannot remember if they called me after I had signed up and was just browsing and got to the selecting a room or if was actually after I put a deposit down and booked it.  Either way with the way they track stuff, again I ASSUMED 😉 that if it was me, on my account, the same person would get it.. I mean, I've fixed the issue, if we find something we're interested in, I email them, and if it's even remotely close to normal business hours, I get a call.. Heck, I've gotten a call from them at 10pm on a Saturday after I had a question..  I have a feeling it must be a longer term thing as we got a hand written card and business cards sent to us a few times asking us to pass them on to others that may want a cruise.  

1 minute ago, D_And_K_gocruising said:

Gotcha, I have no clue which one mine is.. I cannot remember if they called me after I had signed up and was just browsing and got to the selecting a room or if was actually after I put a deposit down and booked it.  Either way with the way they track stuff, again I ASSUMED 😉 that if it was me, on my account, the same person would get it.. I mean, I've fixed the issue, if we find something we're interested in, I email them, and if it's even remotely close to normal business hours, I get a call.. Heck, I've gotten a call from them at 10pm on a Saturday after I had a question..  I have a feeling it must be a longer term thing as we got a hand written card and business cards sent to us a few times asking us to pass them on to others that may want a cruise.  

Yeah....I always thought I'd like to tour their HQ sometime to see how they operate.  I doubt they'd let me do that.  But, it would be interesting to see how they do outbound selling and how they handle WEB bookings, how they handle changes and reservations after they are made, etc.

I get this mental image there's this big bank of cubicles they all work from on a couple of floors.

For all I know, they may be stuck in a basement somewhere with someone who looks like my 7th grade teacher going up and down the aisles making sure everyone is doing their work.  LOL!

I do know all the cruise lines (not just NCL) need major help with their WEB sites.  They are among the buggiest and slowest WEB sites I've ever seen from multi-million dollar corporations.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, graphicguy said:

I do know all the cruise lines (not just NCL) need major help with their WEB sites.  They are among the buggiest and slowest WEB sites I've ever seen from multi-million dollar corporations.  

That ain't no lie.. Thank goodness they are better at making ships eh?

• Haha 1

Ok if I call it gratuity would that be  better?  Everyone else I deal with at NCL sure wants them.. And NO I am not expecting people to tip their PCC's.. Ours has just done a lot of extra legwork since when it comes to things like cruises I tend to me a bit obsessive sometimes and they get blasted with emails about certain things, and making sure I didnt miss this or wanting to add that etc etc.. Sure I get it's their job but sometimes you just want to say an extra thanks to people.

PCC'S are sub-contractors for Norwegian working on a commission basis-- the more they sell the more they make.  Some work from Call Centers all over the world and others work from their homes.

A simple " Thank You" is all that is needed.

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Yeah....I always thought I'd like to tour their HQ sometime to see how they operate.  I doubt they'd let me do that.  But, it would be interesting to see how they do outbound selling and how they handle WEB bookings, how they handle changes and reservations after they are made, etc.

I get this mental image there's this big bank of cubicles they all work from on a couple of floors.

For all I know, they may be stuck in a basement somewhere with someone who looks like my 7th grade teacher going up and down the aisles making sure everyone is doing their work.  LOL!

I would love to tour their Test Kitchen.

I am assuming that their HQ is like many other Corporate buildings at the moment- a number of empty offices spaces.  Norwegian laid off 3/4 of its HQ staff or allowed them to work from home during the pandemic.  I wonder how many have actually returned to the HQ building itself??

• Like 1

On 2/22/2024 at 1:47 PM, D_And_K_gocruising said:

Or what I'd love to do is get them a gift card or something, but no clue how that would work.. I'm just frustrated that I dont know how to assign that person this last cruise I had booked. 

Ask your PCC if there is a way you can compliment their work to a supervisor.  Something like the hero cards on board.  

Edited by RocketMan275
  • Like 2