Carnival legand dead in the water

3 hours ago, jsglow said:

Yeah, I remember the Greenland uproar here on CC. Tiny ports with orange lifeboats used as tenders equals risk. We missed 1 in 4 up in Iceland. No compensation; no problem.

We were on that cruise.  They did the right thing in not going.

3 hours ago, dolphinsfan246 said:

I always wondered when cruises get extended like this, will the extra day go on your VIFP points? What if you were one day short of the next level? Would they bump you up during the cruise? 

Carnival's written policy is that you get VIFP credit for the extra day.  But at the end of the cruise there would be relatively little benefit to having the higher level.  Plus going to Guest Services to request the 'upgrade' might be a little cheeky considering all the other more important issues they are handling under the circumstances. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Carnival's written policy is that you get VIFP credit for the extra day.  But at the end of the cruise there would be relatively little benefit to having the higher level.  Plus going to Guest Services to request the 'upgrade' might be a little cheeky considering all the other more important issues they are handling under the circumstances. 

True but that free laundry would come in handy on that last extra day 🤣

Just wanted to give props to the customer care team at Carnival. I submitted my expenses for change in travel last night after 10pm, and just before 5pm today received a nice note and confirmation that the amount was being processed and should be here within 2-4 weeks.

I had heard that sometimes emailing them was a "black hole" but I clearly did not find that at all.

Edited by samcraig
  • Like 5