Wind Spirit Updates

librarylady19

We are seriously considering booking our first Windstar cruise (looking at Venice/Adriatic for next August). I have searched online and this forum, but I can’t find a specific period when the announced updates to Wind Spirit are scheduled in 2025. Looking at the cruise schedule, there seems to be a few weeks gap after the TA in spring 2025 so I’m hoping this is when the ship will be refurbed. 
any further info. would be much appreciated. 

Edited by librarylady19
Typo

You are correct, the gap of March 9th to April 23rd 2025 is when the Spirit goes in for a full refurb drydock (unlike the Wind Star and Wind Surf which are being refurbished over 2 drydocks each. Wind Star went through its first drydock in November 2023 and Wind Surf is expected to go in November 2024)

• 1 month later...

We are booked on the Wind Spirit Athens sailing on April 30.  Second sailing after dry dock.  The following is a blog conversation I have had with Windstar. I am confused now. I sure hope it happens in March-April in Lisbon.  The December 4 week window is in Tahiti and Costa Rica, not Lisbon where they do their drydocks. 

Hi, Gary, so sorry for delay in replying. I double-checked and am told the ship will undergo its refurbishment in December 2025…. 

Thanks for the great question! –Carolyn

Gary Handler

Reply to Windstar Cruises
 9 days ago

Thank you for looking into that, though, I am still confused as there is nothing on the Windspirit schedule between Lisbon on March 9, 2025 and Rome on April 23rd. I was under the impression that this will be the dry dock period. If not, why the 6 week period with no sailings?

Admin

Reply to Gary Handler
 9 days ago

Hi, Gary, I checked on your question and this is what was told: The ship does get chartered frequently and many times back to back. Other than that, I don’t have additional information, but the drydock is definitely in December. Thanks — Carolyn

We sailed the Wind Spirit in January.  In my opinion the interior still looked fine.  Biggest issues were 1) the loud engine/stabilizer noise that was especially bad midship, even on deck 2.  Earplugs were necessary to sleep. I have my doubts that this will be corrected during drydock. Advice: unlike on most ships, you want to choose a cabin as far forward as possible. And 2) the outside stairway leading down to the tenders/zodiacs was rickety and the railing wobbled.  Adds a little more sense of adventure than I prefer.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2024 at 2:47 PM, gary said:

We are booked on the Wind Spirit Athens sailing on April 30.  Second sailing after dry dock.  The following is a blog conversation I have had with Windstar. I am confused now. I sure hope it happens in March-April in Lisbon.  The December 4 week window is in Tahiti and Costa Rica, not Lisbon where they do their drydocks. 

Hi, Gary, so sorry for delay in replying. I double-checked and am told the ship will undergo its refurbishment in December 2025…. 

Thanks for the great question! –Carolyn

Gary Handler

Reply to Windstar Cruises
 9 days ago

Thank you for looking into that, though, I am still confused as there is nothing on the Windspirit schedule between Lisbon on March 9, 2025 and Rome on April 23rd. I was under the impression that this will be the dry dock period. If not, why the 6 week period with no sailings?

Admin

Reply to Gary Handler
 9 days ago

Hi, Gary, I checked on your question and this is what was told: The ship does get chartered frequently and many times back to back. Other than that, I don’t have additional information, but the drydock is definitely in December. Thanks — Carolyn

Well this would certainly be disappointing since I'm booked for August☹️