Emerald

Scenic (River Ships and now Ocean Yachts) is all-inclusive.  Emerald (River Ships and now also Ocean Yachts) was designed to offer much of the same quality but keep the prices down a bit by limiting what is included.  The extreme example being that the Scenic yachts include submarines and helicopters, which even if you don't pay the premium for those activities inevitably raise the cost of operating the ships.

^Flights on board our two helicopters, helicopter experiences, and submersible at additional cost

https://www.scenicusa.com/ocean

5 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Scenic (River Ships and now Ocean Yachts) is all-inclusive.  Emerald (River Ships and now also Ocean Yachts) was designed to offer much of the same quality but keep the prices down a bit by limiting what is included.  The extreme example being that the Scenic yachts include submarines and helicopters, which even if you don't pay the premium for those activities inevitably raise the cost of operating the ships.

^Flights on board our two helicopters, helicopter experiences, and submersible at additional cost

https://www.scenicusa.com/ocean

Thanks for the explanation. Will there be a point in time when CC provides a dedicated forum for Emerald ocean yachts?

3 hours ago, commodoredave said:

Thanks for the explanation. Will there be a point in time when CC provides a dedicated forum for Emerald ocean yachts?

I have no idea.  When and why they create new forums is a complete mystery to me...

Emailed Emerald about a week ago asking for availability and pricing on a particular cruise. Received an automated email saying "Due to heavy volume it may take up to 14 days to reply". 

Then sent another email asking for a telephone call. Not even read.

I need to deal with a company who really wants my business ($$$)

7 hours ago, fizook said:

Emailed Emerald about a week ago asking for availability and pricing on a particular cruise. Received an automated email saying "Due to heavy volume it may take up to 14 days to reply". 

Then sent another email asking for a telephone call. Not even read.

I need to deal with a company who really wants my business ($$$)

You need to deal with a TA who will do this legwork for you.

• Like 2