Royal Waterslides: Any FAST ones?

Tell me about the fast waterslides on Royal Caribbean. What ships are they on??

I was so disappointed with the waterslides on all the Oasis class ships, and again with the body-slides on Liberty last week. They were so slow, and everyone kept on getting stuck. It didn't matter - thin people, heavy people, men, women, kids, long bathing suits, bikinis... It was so slow.

On Wonder, it got so hot and the smell of chlorine was suffocating, I was worried that I was going to pass out as I was barely moving.  Similar on other Oasis class. The toilet bowl / champagne glass one was better, but then everyone would inevitably get stuck and have to shimmy to get down.

The only fast slides I have been on were :

1 - On Adventure. These 2 body slides rocked! Super fast and fun. What other ship has slides like this? I had high hopes for Liberty, but they were similar to Oasis class.

2 - Liberty Tidal Wave was fantastic. So fun.

24 minutes ago, Tlbecker1 said:

We do love the Liberty Tidal wave, but our favorite water slides are on the Navigator. 😀

I just searched them on YouTube! The Navigator slides look awesome. Thanks for the tip, going to search up Navigator itineraries now 😉

• Like 1

The two body slides on Icon are relatively fast, but nothing like land based water slides. I think Navigator has the best slides on any RCI ship, but once again they aren’t very fast. If you want fast slides when cruising, I highly recommend the slides on Coco Cay. 

Icon of the Seas. 6 LEGIT waterslides. Oasis class PERFECTED. there are 2 fast slides 4 medium paced, nothing slow at all. Frightening Bolt and Pressure Drop are FAST. Aside from the tallest waterslide at Coco Cay, the slides are just as good on Icon. Once the lines got too long at Coco Cay I got back on Icon, no lines and slides just as good.

Edited by Moltar
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Moltar said:

Icon of the Seas. 6 LEGIT waterslides. Oasis class PERFECTED. there are 2 fast slides 4 medium paced, nothing slow at all. Frightening Bolt and Pressure Drop are FAST. Aside from the tallest waterslide at Coco Cay, the slides are just as good on Icon. Once the lines got too long at Coco Cay I got back on Icon, no lines and slides just as good.

Just my opinion, but the slides on Icon don’t compare to the ones at Coco Cay. While I liked all the slides on Icon and did all of them multiple times, the slides were pretty tame. None of the slides on Icon are even close to the speed of the slides at Coco Cay. The drop slides on Coco Cay are way faster than the drop slide ( Frightening Bolt) on Icon. Also, the Pressure Drop is not nearly as fast as the Serpent on Coco Cay. 

We can agree to disagree. I’ve been a Coco cay I think five times since the upgrade and I find all of their slides tame except for the tall one that goes all the way to the top. In my opinion the icon slides are just as good. From what I experienced, the icon of the seas has a legit waterpark.

The oasis class slides are definitely slow and you always get stuck in the toilet bowl. 

Edited by Moltar
  • Like 1

On 2/25/2024 at 8:05 PM, Host Jacquelyn said:

Tell me about the fast waterslides on Royal Caribbean. What ships are they on??

I was so disappointed with the waterslides on all the Oasis class ships, and again with the body-slides on Liberty last week. They were so slow, and everyone kept on getting stuck. It didn't matter - thin people, heavy people, men, women, kids, long bathing suits, bikinis... It was so slow.

On Wonder, it got so hot and the smell of chlorine was suffocating, I was worried that I was going to pass out as I was barely moving.  Similar on other Oasis class. The toilet bowl / champagne glass one was better, but then everyone would inevitably get stuck and have to shimmy to get down.

The only fast slides I have been on were :

1 - On Adventure. These 2 body slides rocked! Super fast and fun. What other ship has slides like this? I had high hopes for Liberty, but they were similar to Oasis class.

2 - Liberty Tidal Wave was fantastic. So fun.

You poor thing...

Adventure seems to be the fastest on RCL (but Carnival has several that are faster). Liberty slides are slow. Harmony has one slide that is pretty fast and the other is dog slow. That being said, the clothes you wear makes a bigger difference than just about anything. Using the right clothes litterally doubles or triples the speed. Wearing a rash-guard shirt pretty much means you are going to go slow or get stuck on most slides. Switch to a cotton t-shirt and shorts and it is twice as fast. No shirt is a little faster but then get rub marks on your back. With the right clothes, you can make it around and down the toilet bowl on Harmony. Even after 30+ cruises, I am still experimenting to see what clothes are the fastest 😉 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RockHoundTX said:

Adventure seems to be the fastest on RCL (but Carnival has several that are faster). Liberty slides are slow. Harmony has one slide that is pretty fast and the other is dog slow. That being said, the clothes you wear makes a bigger difference than just about anything. Using the right clothes litterally doubles or triples the speed. Wearing a rash-guard shirt pretty much means you are going to go slow or get stuck on most slides. Switch to a cotton t-shirt and shorts and it is twice as fast. No shirt is a little faster but then get rub marks on your back. With the right clothes, you can make it around and down the toilet bowl on Harmony. Even after 30+ cruises, I am still experimenting to see what clothes are the fastest 😉 

I guess I really lucked out sailing on Adventure! I did not find the Harmony slides fast at all, and Wonder was even worse. I have yet to se anyone make it around the toilet bowl and not get stuck, so kudos to you!!

On 2/26/2024 at 7:43 AM, Moltar said:

Another reason to try Icon! After the disappointing slides on the other ships, I am still wary. I did love most of the slides on Cococay, but they were awful on my back. The tall one especially... did you wear a t shirt?

4 hours ago, Host Jacquelyn said:

Another reason to try Icon! After the disappointing slides on the other ships, I am still wary. I did love most of the slides on Cococay, but they were awful on my back. The tall one especially... did you wear a t shirt?

I always wear a tee shirt when riding slides at Coco Cay to keep my back from “burning”. They don’t let you wear a tee shirt when riding the slides on Icon. Fortunately my back was fine since the two body slides on Icon are not nearly as fast as the slides on Coco Cay. 

13 hours ago, Host Jacquelyn said:

I did not wear a shirt.