GTY suite when all JS sold out

Hello all,

I have searched through the forums and have not found this specific question addressed. I booked a GTY suite class on Wonder and when I booked, only sky class and above suites were left, but they offered the GTY suite offer as well, so I took it. 

Does royal keep a few Junior suites specifically for this reason? Now I see the GTY suite is not offered for the same sailing, and only the top tier suites are left available. 

Anyone ever get lucky off of that scenario and not end up in a JS? I'll probably end up doing royal up bidding if the room assignment is not done before that is offered. 

Thank you in advance!

They hold back cabins to satisfy the GTY bookings. People report having a GTY booking for a sold out category and they do get a cabin assigned. Also some JS bookings could Royal Up to higher suite, leaving JS open for GTY booking. Very very occasionally people report getting a room higher than JS with a GTY suite booking, but probably won't happen.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

October's a long way away, and things can change:

- Some of the people currently in JSs may "upgrade" or "Royal Up", opening up some JSs. 

- Some passengers currently in JSs may decide to "downsize" to a less expensive cabin.  

- Some passengers may need to change their dates (or cancel altogether).  

Bottom line:  I understand your desire to analyze "your chances", but you just can't know for certain what you'll get.  Having said that, we almost always go with a Guarantee, and we've always been pleased with our choice.  

7 minutes ago, DbPA said:

What is a GTY?  I haven’t seen that offered. Are you referring to a “RC picks the room” vs you pick?

Sort of.  With a category guarantee, you are guaranteed to get a cabin in that category, but it could literally be any cabin in the category, and it won't be assigned until much closer to sail date.  I believe with "RC picks the room" you find out much sooner (maybe even right after booking? I'm not positive) which room you got.

We booked a GTY balcony (obstructed view)for New Years 2024/25 and were assigned a cabin already, a regular,non-obstructed view, still can’t figure out why but I’m not complaining or asking!btw the ship is the Odydessy

• 4 months later...
On 3/25/2024 at 8:35 PM, pattak619 said:

We booked a GTY balcony (obstructed view)for New Years 2024/25 and were assigned a cabin already, a regular,non-obstructed view, still can’t figure out why but I’m not complaining or asking!btw the ship is the Odydessy

How did you find out your suite? We are currently in a suite gty for Dec of this year! When i look at rooms all 4 person junior suites are taken and there are only owners, grand suite and CLS .  I won't be sad with a JS so it doesn't matter just curious ! 

Hello,

I have GTY inside cabin for Serenade of the Seas starting August 10th 2024.  Still the status is GTY.  I have checked in and have set sail pass.

If you try to do mock booking all the cabins are sold out.  What is going on that I have no cabin assigned yet ?

Thanks

Manoj

50 minutes ago, manojsaxena said:

Hello,

I have GTY inside cabin for Serenade of the Seas starting August 10th 2024.  Still the status is GTY.  I have checked in and have set sail pass.

If you try to do mock booking all the cabins are sold out.  What is going on that I have no cabin assigned yet ?

Thanks

Manoj

Chances are very high that you DO already have a cabin assigned, but that they just don't have not yet publicized that information.  Information on the website is misleading so I recommend that you either call Royal to see if you can get them to provide you with your cabin # or do the "barcode trick" to see if you can see it.  Before you ask how to do the barcode trick, let me tell you that I have never done it, so if you need info on that, either do a search or ask for help from someone that can actually help you !!!  😇

3 hours ago, manojsaxena said:

Hello,

I called Royal Caribbean and they told me that stll they are in process of assigning a cabin.

Thanks

Manoj

Did you try the bar code trick?  If not, you should, your phone answer not withstanding.  The Royal Caribbean reps do not see the info hidden in the barcode.  It is possible, of course, that your bar code will also say gty; we won’t know until you do the trick.  Are you an iPhone user or android user? That changes the options to perform the trick.

• Thanks 1

On 3/25/2024 at 8:35 PM, pattak619 said:

How did you find out your room? I called and they don't have one assigned for us yet.  We are in beginning of December 

46 minutes ago, Jenjj82 said:

How did you find out your room?

Until assigned and before check in you can’t. If assigned, it will show online and in the app. 

1 hour ago, Jenjj82 said:

How did you find out your room? I called and they don't have one assigned for us yet.  We are in beginning of December 

Though a few people get their cabin assignments early, most assignments seem to come closer to the cruise date.  Often people get their first hint by using the barcode trick after they check in at 45 days, though that’s not an official assignment.  We just got our official assignment at 30 days out.  In fact, in the past couple years I have gotten multiple assignments on day 30.