Most Traveled Passenger Lunch

karatemom2

8 hours ago, charliedalrymple said:

I'm glad you mentioned that, because I've never really understood why the "most traveled passenger" status is such a big deal.  Mind you, I'm nowhere close to being invited to such an event, and perhaps I'll change my tune when I get there.

There is alway one in the crowd … not sure if it’s because it makes them feel superior.  
I know this is horrible but I have been known to pipe up and say “maybe I will be there, too when I get to be your age”!  😆 

• Haha 5

MTG events….they are the best of times, they are the worst of times.  I almost didn’t go back after our first invite, but have learned that, when people “click”, they’re a lot of fun.  The officers also add a lot, as was proven during COVID, when they greeted guests but didn’t stay. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

MTG events….they are the best of times, they are the worst of times.  I almost didn’t go back after our first invite, but have learned that, when people “click”, they’re a lot of fun.  The officers also add a lot, as was proven during COVID, when they greeted guests but didn’t stay. 

Very true it is nice to have them at the table.  At one time only “non essential” officers stayed for lunch and I still do not see the captain stay after photos and announcements 

• Like 1

On 2/26/2024 at 6:53 PM, Coral said:

You have a better chance of making the cut in Alaska than some other routes with those numbers.

I agree about Alaska BUT you need to cruise when the Alaska season first begins where 200-300 range might barely work.  Otherwise 500+ is a pretty good beginning benchmark for the lunch, or cocktail hour on many Princess voyages. On repositioning cruises completely forget it. 

On embarkation day check with the loyalty staffer because they typically already the invite list and likely will give you a heads up.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Princess Chatterer said:

I agree about Alaska BUT you need to cruise when the Alaska season first begins where 200-300 range might barely work.  Otherwise 500+ is a pretty good beginning benchmark for the lunch, or cocktail hour on many Princess voyages. On repositioning cruises completely forget it. 

On embarkation day check with the loyalty staffer because they typically already the invite list and likely will give you a heads up.

Usually we wait till day 2 to check on status. On almost all of our B2b Alaskan cruises regardless of time of year 350 or so days gets you in. Last year with just under 500 days we were in the top ten   

Edited by memoak
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Princess Chatterer said:

I feel like Elites know that early in the season is the best time to go to Alaska! 🙂 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Coral said:

I feel like Elites know that early in the season is the best time to go to Alaska! 🙂 

I have not found any bad time to visit Alaska

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I love the lunches. Here are some photos from the one on the Royal Princess last week. The beef was out of this world. As for the number of days needed, I made Number One Most Traveled with only 250 days, but sometimes the cutoff just to get an invitation is over a thousand. On this cruise, with 814 days, I was number three. Or as my DH likes to say, the second loser. 😂 IMG_2247.thumb.jpeg.99dcb31a860ae49382b428c1fa97db50.jpegIMG_2244.thumb.jpeg.5aa767c17848eba89859aed208589c44.jpegIMG_2245.thumb.jpeg.c31624a0f0e95a17adc542f233923dc1.jpegIMG_2246.thumb.jpeg.a66e841fe31d1c034349bd3b73da8a5f.jpeg

Edited by partybarbie
  • Like 5