Civitavecchia Disembarkation Time and Private Transport

RLK33853

Morning Everyone

Specific questions about disembarkation and private transport at the Port of Civitavecchia.  According to our itinerary, we dock on May 9th at 0600.  We have a 1:20 pm flight out of Fiumincino (FCO) and would like to stay on the ship until about 9:00 am.  That way we won't have to sit at the airport for longer than need be.  A 9:00 am departure would get us checking in at FCO around 10:00 am.

1.  What time do passengers have to be out of their cabin on disembarkation days

2.  What time do you have to leave the ship

3.  Anyone used a Private Car transfer recently (last year or so) from the Port of Civitavecchia to FCO?  We have used Italy Limousine in the past but this was pre-Covid and not sure if they are the same now.

Thank you

Ray and Ann

There are lots of good choices for private transfers. I have used the following two in additional to Crystal private transfer but last time was 2018. They both still exist and the reviews continue to be positive like my own review of each.

https://www.romecabs.com  (not a taxi service)

https://www.romeinlimo.com

Getting off at 9:00 AM is fine as fastest is around 9:45 AM.

FCO is one of those airports that I like a lot of time to get to the gate. You just never know.

Keith 

• Thanks 1

Ray and Ann:

I am on your cruise and have a Crystal private transfer to FCO and a (now) 12:25 pm Delta flight to Atlanta.  There have been two departure changes so far, so who knows.

My only advice is to allow yourselves plenty, and I mean plenty, of time to get through FCO.  Last time I departed from Rome, May of 2023, I was shocked at how busy, crowded and chaotic this airport was.

But first, before FCO, we have two blissful weeks on Symphony!

Nancy

• Thanks 1

Thanks Everyone.  Totally agree with the comments about the chaos at FCO.  Even though we are only flying to Venice, we are going to ensure 3 to 3.5 hours to get checked in, bags dropped, and through security.

Looking forward to meeting you onboard Nancy.

Ray and Ann

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RLK33853 said:

Thanks Everyone.  Totally agree with the comments about the chaos at FCO.  Even though we are only flying to Venice, we are going to ensure 3 to 3.5 hours to get checked in, bags dropped, and through security.

Looking forward to meeting you onboard Nancy.

Ray and Ann

Have you considered going by train to Venice? If I were going from Civitavechia, this is what I would do. It is a lovely train ride in Italy. I would even consider a stop in Florence or Verona if time allows. Flying is not as smooth as it use to be and it is a short distance. Instead of being 3 -4 hours in advance at Fiumicino, you could already be confortable at your train.

Good information about trains in Europe you can find on internet under the posts of the guy of seat 61 (or 65 ?🧐 not sure). 

Ivi

• Like 2

2 hours ago, travelberlin said:

Have you considered going by train to Venice? If I were going from Civitavechia, this is what I would do. It is a lovely train ride in Italy. I would even consider a stop in Florence or Verona if time allows. Flying is not as smooth as it use to be and it is a short distance. Instead of being 3 -4 hours in advance at Fiumicino, you could already be confortable at your train.

Good information about trains in Europe you can find on internet under the posts of the guy of seat 61 (or 65 ?🧐 not sure). 

Ivi

Well that's true, but Marco Polo airport at Venice isn't wonderful either. It's not as crowded and frenetic as FCO, but there are likely to be far fewer flight choices.

And you'd still have to be there three hours before flying.

4 hours ago, travelberlin said:

Ivi

Thanks for the suggestion.  We have utilized the train quite a bit in Europe and it was actually our first thought - lots of times, ease of getting to the train station compared to transferring from Civitavecchia to FCO, etc.  We were surprised though by the pricing - both the train (quite high), and the airline (quite low).  Ended up we could fly for the same price (including a private car to FCO) as taking the train, and we wouldn't have to try to get our luggage from train to train at the transfer in Rome.

Strange but maybe next time.  It is possible that using the train would have been a better option if we had purchased the lowest economy fare, but we like the business class.

thanks

Ray 

Edited by RLK33853
grammar