Account set up

SECdawg

We are new to Margaritaville at Sea and have Islander booked this summer. Can anyone tell me how to set up an account on their website to be able to book drink packages and excursions?

Your best bet I feel is to call to do add on. We do a couple of PARADISE cruises out of Palm Beach. We were the second to book on ISLANDER for July 2-7 for KEY WEST /PROGRESO. Hoping they will have the DAWGS on the 6th. 

On 2/27/2024 at 8:59 AM, SECdawg said:

We are new to Margaritaville at Sea and have Islander booked this summer. Can anyone tell me how to set up an account on their website to be able to book drink packages and excursions?

There isn't one.  Any booking modifications, add-ons, etc. past your initial booking are handled through customer service.  Which, I suspect is a third-party provider.  Be patient when calling. 

13 hours ago, SECdawg said:

We are debating canceling this cruise. Just not getting good vibes about this company.

That sentiment has been growing among the cruising crowd that I know. A few friends have brought up their dissatisfaction with their MAS cruise for various reasons. One mentioned what they considered deceptive extra charges at the end of the cruise, others called out just the lack of quality of the ship itself or the dining. I had poor pre-cruise experiences involving the booking and the cancellation process, dealing with poor and dishonest customer service, mishandled refunds, and other unnecessary headaches.

It's a shame too, I like the laid-back and relaxed vibe that much of Jimmy's music had through the years, and it's sad that his name is tied to this cruise line.  

What 'deceptive' extra charges?  Gratuities and fuel surcharges are no different than any other cruise line and are addressed on the MAS webpage.  

People expect the Westin accommodations and Sardi's dining for Best Western and Outback prices.  

2 hours ago, pr8hd said:

What 'deceptive' extra charges?  Gratuities and fuel surcharges are no different than any other cruise line and are addressed on the MAS webpage.  

People expect the Westin accommodations and Sardi's dining for Best Western and Outback prices.  

With other cruise lines, RCI is one, fuel charges have not been additional, at least in the 20+ cruises I've been on with them. I can't recall if Carnival included them the initial fare or if they're charged after-the-fact, it's been awhile. Yes, you can argue that fuel may be part of the initial charge, which I wouldn't disagree with. With MAS they are additional charges, which as you pointed out, is clearly stated in their FAQs.

To be clear, their main complaint wasn't the fuel surcharge. Using your hotel and restaurant example, it was expecting Outback quality for Outback prices, but ending up with Taco Bell.

• Haha 1

I think part of the problem is that this is an old cruise line [Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line], where people were used to the old ships and the quality seemed ok for the low prices – that now is trading under the Margaritaville name and people expect the quality they associate with their other offerings.  But if MAS had built new ships, prices would have to be even higher...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheInnocentAge said:

With other cruise lines, RCI is one, fuel charges have not been additional, at least in the 20+ cruises I've been on with them. I can't recall if Carnival included them the initial fare or if they're charged after-the-fact, it's been awhile.

Yes other cruise lines do not currently charge fuel surcharge but all of their cruise contracts have language that they can add that fuel surcharge when the cost of a barrel goes over X and X has been reached and exceeded. MAS just is following thru and passing on the fuel cost and as a fee doesn't have to collect taxes on it. I assume the other mass market cruise lines even though in their contract says they can have just raised the cost of the cruise instead of breaking out the fuel surcharge as an itemized item. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I think part of the problem is that this is an old cruise line [Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line], where people were used to the old ships and the quality seemed ok for the low prices – that now is trading under the Margaritaville name and people expect the quality they associate with their other offerings.  But if MAS had built new ships, prices would have to be even higher...

Good callout. Definitely seeing this with Royal's new ships, followed by some steep cabin prices.

• Like 1