Limitations on MDR reservations?

GreenDice

I have a late reservation at one MDR and was trying to search for any available earlier time slots at any MDR. On the Celebrity web site, it says "Limited to once per day" after I hits the "Reserve" button. It won't let me select the names and continue. I have no way to see available time slots for all four MDRs. In the app, it says something different after I hit the button: "Someone in your party isn't eligible, so please select guest or experience".

What does this really mean? Do I have to cancel one of my existing reservations before I have to option to check available time slots? I believe it was like this when I initially booked the dining reservations.

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 10.37.49 AM.png

Since you refer to all MDRs I assume you are sailing on a E class ship.  Those ships are all anytime dining.  

The time slots available before boarding are only about 1/2 of the available space.  Since it is anytime dining they hold table so that they have availability for walk ups, which is a good portion of passengers.

1 hour ago, GreenDice said:

I have a late reservation at one MDR and was trying to search for any available earlier time slots at any MDR. On the Celebrity web site, it says "Limited to once per day" after I hits the "Reserve" button. It won't let me select the names and continue. I have no way to see available time slots for all four MDRs. In the app, it says something different after I hit the button: "Someone in your party isn't eligible, so please select guest or experience".

What does this really mean? Do I have to cancel one of my existing reservations before I have to option to check available time slots? I believe it was like this when I initially booked the dining reservations.

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 10.37.49 AM.png

Despite the appearance of the website and the app, all of the dining rooms on the e class ships are open dining and your reservations won’t mean anything.  Don’t waste your effort and time fussing with them.

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Since you refer to all MDRs I assume you are sailing on a E class ship.  Those ships are all anytime dining.  

We just disembarked the Edge on February 15, 2024 and we had an assign late dining seating. Our table 231, in the Tuscan restaurant, was reserved to us as long as we showed up between 08h and 08h30 PM.

Our neighbours in the restaurant, also had an assign late dining.

Just to say that unless changes were made this week, select seating was still an option, at least on the Edge. 

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

all of the dining rooms on the e class ships are open dining and your reservations won’t mean anything.

I might have misunderstood Anytime Dining. You can do walk-up anytime but you can reserve as well. Are you saying that these reservations will not be honored? I thought they will hold the table for us at the reserved time so that I don't have to wait with the walk-up crowd. Confused.

56 minutes ago, cachouonacruise said:

We just disembarked the Edge on February 15, 2024 and we had an assign late dining seating. Our table 231, in the Tuscan restaurant, was reserved to us as long as we showed up between 08h and 08h30 PM.

Our neighbours in the restaurant, also had an assign late dining.

Just to say that unless changes were made this week, select seating was still an option, at least on the Edge. 

Same on the Ascent, in Tuscan, we had early (5:30) and after the first night we were waived around the line and allowed to go to our assigned table( If you had made the reservation). People were lining up @ 5:00 and the line would be long . To us it was worth it not to have to wait and wasn't an issue if we decided not to go

cheers

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GreenDice said:

I might have misunderstood Anytime Dining. You can do walk-up anytime but you can reserve as well. Are you saying that these reservations will not be honored? I thought they will hold the table for us at the reserved time so that I don't have to wait with the walk-up crowd. Confused.

They will honor your reservation. We have never had to wait when we've had a reservation. You do have to wait in line to check in each night, but they'll take you right back to your table.

• Thanks 1