Princess Customer Service

Robert Kirsch

I am not sailing on Sun Princess until December I just wanted others and CruiseCritic to know about the problem with the Sun Princess. Here is the problem, they sent out emails regarding advance dining reservations and told me to use the new app. I open the app and go to dining reservations, nothing is available. So I called Princess four times over the course of the week, and was given four different answers as to why. FYI: My wife and I are Platinum Members in the Captains Club and we have booked a suite on the Sun Princess. Their own website says we should be allowed to make reservations as soon as we have booked a cabin. 1. Not allowed before 90 days 2. Should be able to book now (of course I cannot) 3. Try again in a few days (so why did Princess send an email inviting me to make reservations 4. The last person was a manager, who told me that the Sun Princess is not accepting advance dinner reservations at this time. She had no idea why or when this will change. (this is only an issue on the Sun Princess. If fact she confirmed that those passengers who are booked on the early sailings of the Sun ie: Feb 28th must book dinners once they board the Ship. When I asked the supervisor if an email would be sent telling passengers when the issue has been resolved. She did not think so and said I should keep checking. What the HECK that is not my job. Our travel agent has said that he agrees regarding customer service, Princess is one of the worst.

The reservations for The Sun don’t seem to be open as far in advance  as other ships currently.

I’m sailing March 29th and they opened 2 days ago. 
Be patient, they will open. 

Edited by Jadn13

If you are in a suite why do you need reservations ?  On all other Princess ship suite passengers have a no wait area to eat in and we have never had to book speciality restaurants in advance they always find room for suite passengers 

Normally, except for the first couple of cruises, you can't make reservations until the ship hits the water.  I read this morning that reservations are open now through June sailings.  I think because you can only use the new app on the Sun, that that is a factor.  I think it's the app which Princess tends to make available before all the bugs are worked out.  

8 minutes ago, Robert Kirsch said:

thank you for responding.  i am travelling with my son's family and i did not put them in a suite.

So you would give up all those suite benefits ?

56 minutes ago, Robert Kirsch said:
I am not sailing on Sun Princess until December I just wanted others and CruiseCritic to know about the problem with the Sun Princess. Here is the problem, they sent out emails regarding advance dining reservations and told me to use the new app. I open the app and go to dining reservations, nothing is available. So I called Princess four times over the course of the week, and was given four different answers as to why. FYI: My wife and I are Platinum Members in the Captains Club and we have booked a suite on the Sun Princess. Their own website says we should be allowed to make reservations as soon as we have booked a cabin. 1. Not allowed before 90 days 2. Should be able to book now (of course I cannot) 3. Try again in a few days (so why did Princess send an email inviting me to make reservations 4. The last person was a manager, who told me that the Sun Princess is not accepting advance dinner reservations at this time. She had no idea why or when this will change. (this is only an issue on the Sun Princess. If fact she confirmed that those passengers who are booked on the early sailings of the Sun ie: Feb 28th must book dinners once they board the Ship. When I asked the supervisor if an email would be sent telling passengers when the issue has been resolved. She did not think so and said I should keep checking. What the HECK that is not my job. Our travel agent has said that he agrees regarding customer service, Princess is one of the worst.

Why isn't your TA handling this for you? 

13 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Why isn't your TA handling this for you? 

Travel Agents aren’t necessarily a necessity in 2024 when Princess “supposedly” gives you all the tools to book. 

3 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

Travel Agents aren’t necessarily a necessity in 2024 when Princess “supposedly” gives you all the tools to book. 

But with the frustration the OP is experiencing. 

The TA earned a commission. They should be helping when he's obviously having difficulty.

2 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

But with the frustration the OP is experiencing. 

The TA earned a commission. They should be helping when he's obviously having difficulty.

Agreed

1 hour ago, Robert Kirsch said:

Customer service generally is dead.  Princess actually better than most.  I as sAs said elsewhere give the app one try then either have customer service do it or wait till on board.

Way to early for dining reservations 

Edited by Arizona Wildcat
  • Like 1