Balcony or interior?

8 minutes ago, Joesantos said:

We’ve been cruising for over 29 years and over 50 cruises and many were inside, hardly ever in the room but now we do get balcony or ocean views often. Makes it better when sickness onboard as post pandemic travel seems more problematic than before. $300.00 would make sense. Sometimes certain websites include free gratuity with balconies, just got off getaway and had a balcony included free tips! Bjs club booking like costco 

That was a part of the "should i...", the gratuities included lol

I prefer insides for the darkness.  especially since I tend to go to bed at like 3 or 4 AM, so I'm going to sleep until at least 10.  don't want the sunlight waking me up.  But for $300, you can't beat that.  Plus, @reeinaz offered great advice about checking it out while it's so cheap

5 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

I prefer insides for the darkness.  especially since I tend to go to bed at like 3 or 4 AM, so I'm going to sleep until at least 10.  don't want the sunlight waking me up.  But for $300, you can't beat that.  Plus, @reeinaz offered great advice about checking it out while it's so cheap

The balcony and ocean view rooms have blackout curtains.  If you use a hair banana clip to connect the curtains, ain't no sunlight waking anyone.  I sleep your hours,and my bedroom at home is as dark as a cave.  Never had an issue with sunlight in a balcony room.

• Like 1

On 2/29/2024 at 8:32 AM, zaylyn2590 said:

To summarize my detailed question. Should I get a balcony or an interior room? The balcony is about $300 more... I usually sail interior because room doesn't really matter but for 300.... 

we used to bring the little battery operated tea lights for inside cabin still for balcony and help seeing the way to the bathroom 🚽 at night 

Boooomer! Here….